The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

OK, that's it! I've had enough! I am drawing a redline on this tomfoolery at Carothers Utility Cutting Knife. In fact I don't wanna see any Cutting or Chopping placed in between Carothers Utility and their Knives :poop:

I can neither confirm nor deny how absolutely correct you may or may not be in thinking you may or may not have been the target of my childish, yet comical response.

And the only reason why I even asked the original question in the first place was so that I could start a thread for all of us to show our new Utility Field Knives, but might as well leave that up to someone else:p:p:p

The first field knife was just called "Field Knife". The next field knife I'm calling the Utility Field Knife. The original concept, dating back to the first versions, was an affordable working man's knife. So we've gone out of our way to keep costs down on this pattern and have omitted any extraneous fluff. So it is a utility grade field knife, the Utility Field Knife. AKA the FK2...

The first field knife was just called "Field Knife". The next field knife I'm calling the Utility Field Knife. The original concept, dating back to the first versions, was an affordable working man's knife. So we've gone out of our way to keep costs down on this pattern and have omitted any extraneous fluff. So it is a utility grade field knife, the Utility Field Knife. AKA the FK2...

I am heartbroken...now if I want to gift one, I won't be able to even gift a FUK:cool:

Based on this response, I would not discard the possibility of a Collector Grade Field Knife offering down the road. There were some of those, very few though in the original HT 3V (hand finished satin). If you do decide to go that route, will you implement the S-curve?

Based on this response, I would not discard the possibility of a Collector Grade Field Knife offering down the road. There were some of those, very few though in the original HT 3V (hand finished satin). If you do decide to go that route, will you implement the S-curve?

Hey, then I'd really be able to gift a FUCK - (Field Utility Collectors Knife).

^ I would definitely get and give a few of those :D

P.S. Nathan jumped in prematurely; I was referring to Bob's suggested: Field Utility Collector's Knife.

P.P.S. or my own originally referred to Carothers Utility Collector's Knife!

Last edited:
Back