The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist
Any chance for straight up orange scales (ghost orange doesn't work for me) when the FK2 comes back into production?
I think I'd rather just buy another FK2; but I'd consider just buying the scales and hardware if, say, you want to gauge the interest by doing a small run of orange scales.

Yes!
I opted for the ghost orange scales in the UF pre-order but I'm also interested by straight up orange scales.

Nathan, that latest Comp Chopper on your IG:

Is that a special one which you guys did for Jo or are you adding another CPK-Comp Chopper teammate to your squad?
that was an order that was tagged onto the end of the pre-order. Not really a part of the pre-order, but ordered at the same time. It's only a year late...

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist
Any chance for straight up orange scales (ghost orange doesn't work for me) when the FK2 comes back into production?
I think I'd rather just buy another FK2; but I'd consider just buying the scales and hardware if, say, you want to gauge the interest by doing a small run of orange scales.
Sorry, not planning to.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist will the integral shiv be a Friday sale or pre-order?

Probably just Friday sales.

it is going to be a very expensive knife. I can't imagine there will be a lot of demand for it, I expect it won't be difficult to get one if someone is interested.

I’d like two, but can only afford none, what am I doing wrong?

The Integral Shiv is going to cost about the same as a dental crown. If, like me, you could use a dental crown but are putting it off because of the cost you should probably put your resources towards your teeth. However, if you're like Bob (who is also saving up for a crown, but of a more regal sort) you should get two Shivs because you have two hands.

I guess I'm saying, really, it just comes down to your teeth. And assuming you have two hands.

Nathan, I can help you out with that crown, with Bobs help, no need for molds or bite test, I make them out of wood so it will take a little time to wear in.;) I can have this ready about the time interval shiv is ready just send me your address:confused:

The Integral Shiv is going to cost about the same as a dental crown. If, like me, you could use a dental crown but are putting it off because of the cost you should probably put your resources towards your teeth. However, if you're like Bob (who is also saving up for a crown, but of a more regal sort) you should get two Shivs because you have two hands.

I guess I'm saying, really, it just comes down to your teeth. And assuming you have two hands.

I don't have teeth, so I will take 2 Please:p

Old-Man-Hot-Mama.png

I finally lost a tooth about a year ago because I kept putting the sh*t off! By the time it became a chronic situation, even a $1500+ root canal procedure was not going to save that tooth! So if you think that a crown is expensive then step in my shoes!

The implant is going to cost me roughly 2500 and that’s with a PPO dental insurance!!! If I didn’t have this crappy insurance, the tooth would have cost nearly as much as Ivan’s Large Dagger! It sucks man!

PS. In for 2 ;)

I finally lost a tooth about a year ago because I kept putting the sh*t off! By the time it became a chronic situation, even a $1500+ root canal procedure was not going to save that tooth! So if you think that a crown is expensive then step in my shoes!

The implant is going to cost me roughly 2500 and that’s with a PPO dental insurance!!! If I didn’t have this crappy insurance, the tooth would have cost nearly as much as Ivan’s Large Dagger! It sucks man!

PS. In for 2 ;)
Good for you Mat, you’ve got your priorities straight

I also hope that you’d consider an open order sale with some custom options at some point after you run a few flash sales!

you are right in the sense that the more expensive “I want” vs the “I need” stuff has less demand but the demand will still be a clamoring type. If I’m going to endure the pain of being trampled on in flash sales, why not add some more pain to my wallet while at it? AW, sharpened top and fancy scales sound lovely :D

Back