The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I have a course of about $10k of (uninsured) dental work to be done, mostly crowns, probably six of them. Though after Martin's comment, I am thinking about "going Washington" on my dentist and having some nice redwood implants made, diverting the savings to five or six integral shivs.,,:D:D

I'll tell you what Bob, medical insurance (I know you're talking dental here) is NOT what it used to be. We're on this new high deductible crap now. Basically, it's worthless...just catastrophic type coverage. And this is with a rather large corporation.

Had the displeasure of an ER visit this weekend trying to figure out a mystery issue with my wife, and when they handed me the bill, they about had to check ME in! I tried to tell them we weren't there long enough for them to demand about 14 Field Knives in payment, but they wouldn't listen. :confused::rolleyes::thumbsdown:

OT regarding medical / dental insurance policies:

With apologies to Nathan as highjacking is not intended but I feel that this one thing is a valid point, irrespective of one's politics and personal opinion about such hot-iron (pun) issue:

With insurance, you'd get a "negotiated" rate which you will not get even if wanting to pay all in CASH! You'd really think that cash-is-king? Hah! Not in the health industry. Most dental plans for the mere mortals, even if PPO, cover $1500-$2000 max but the price-tier is like 40% less than a cash payer.

Now bring on the Integrals Shivs. Jo/Nathan will take cash, they send you a beautiful CPK and will sincerely thank you for your business :)

I have a course of about $10k of (uninsured) dental work to be done, mostly crowns, probably six of them. Though after Martin's comment, I am thinking about "going Washington" on my dentist and having some nice redwood implants made, diverting the savings to five or six integral shivs.,,:D:D

Bob, I thought for sure that those teeth would be lignum vitae! Mike

Well.......living in London I have the NHS for any dental work that needs doing. This means I can save up for a Shiv......which, living in London I need as it's one of the few places that real knife fighting is still practised daily.

Ha betzner betzner ! I meant ugh of course. Hey, a Shiv is a little less complex than a dagger right? Sounds ballpark-ish to me.

There is also a difference between full integral and half integral. Full has some kind of pommel or butt. That can be accomplished simply by having the scale material inset/inlaid into the handle, allowing for the end to stick out, thus a full integral. Were the scales to be installed in a manner that allowed no butt to stick out, it would be considered a half integral. So we have yet to see which way, if either way, Nathan takes it.

Back