The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

View attachment 1249208

Nathan, do you color coordinate on purpose or did it just work out like this. I as going to swap the scales but decided to leave them.

Im referring to your signature and the scale color.

#stillnotnathan

Mostly luck of the draw but NinJo is the head of that department who had mentioned in the past that she tries to match the golden sigis with the brownish scales and the silver ones with the blackish ones.

View attachment 1249208

Nathan, do you color coordinate on purpose or did it just work out like this. I as going to swap the scales but decided to leave them.

Im referring to your signature and the scale color.

We do try to color coordinate. Jo gets final say on these details.

Nathan, I’m kinda late to the party being the UFK pre order is closed. But being there was a thin grind with higher heat treat. Was there ever a thought for a heavy duty version of this blade? Like you did with the medium chopper knife. Im not saying something crazy at .32 but just .22 to .27 ish :) Just put heavy duty in front of something and yup I’m in lol. Either way love the field knives ! just about my favorite edc :)
Thank you

Nathan, I’m kinda late to the party being the UFK pre order is closed. But being there was a thin grind with higher heat treat. Was there ever a thought for a heavy duty version of this blade? Like you did with the medium chopper knife. Im not saying something crazy at .32 but just .22 to .27 ish :) Just put heavy duty in front of something and yup I’m in lol. Either way love the field knives ! just about my favorite edc :)
Thank you

I think the idea has merit but we're about to wrap that pattern up.

Nathan, is it still unsafe to reopen that Carothers & Guns thread? I think that the previous provocateur has long moved on :D

IIRC, it was my question about the Sig 1911 which sent the thread into a tailspin (the never ending battle of the bullet calibers debate!) and now I have a Q about a Browning BAR Safari (MarkII?) .270 Winchester :)

Nathan, is it still unsafe to reopen that Carothers & Guns thread? I think that the previous provocateur has long moved on :D

IIRC, it was my question about the Sig 1911 which sent the thread into a tailspin (the never ending battle of the bullet calibers debate!) and now I have a Q about a Browning BAR Safari (MarkII?) .270 Winchester :)

No problem :thumbsup:

Nathan,
A friend of mine is going to try his hand at making a competition style chopper for me. We have decided to use CPM-4V as the blade steel. We can't seem to find any stock that would fit the dimensions we need. I know you have used this steel before so my question is do you know where we can get some, and is Peters a good place to have it heat treated?

Back