The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

tomorrow's sale will be like last week's sale with choppers fighters field knives etc however we don't have the satin ground utility fighters although I think we do have one acid-washed Shiv hanging on a nail out there.

20200409_215137.jpg

you know I would love to Martin, although I'm not sure about the best way of doing that?

You can always proxy for Martin for one of those D2 Skinners which you have allegedly hidden in the old creek. As a matter of fact, please just give Martin the one which I was definitely going to score. You know that when I put my mind into something, there’s no stopping me :D

Nathan, I noticed that per your information today there will be some swedged / acid washed FK2s available in today's potluck sale. From this, I assume that the preorders asking for such options must be also getting in line for their fulfillments.

Here's that Q for ANAQ: how close are the satin finishes and wood scale options? Have you made aa decision as to the wood or are you going to offer options like you did with the UF/DEF when their numbers came up? Will the satin be done lengthwise or vertically?

TIA #youandmetoo

Nathan, I noticed that per your information today there will be some swedged / acid washed FK2s available in today's potluck sale. From this, I assume that the preorders asking for such options must be also getting in line for their fulfillments.

Here's that Q for ANAQ: how close are the satin finishes and wood scale options? Have you made aa decision as to the wood or are you going to offer options like you did with the UF/DEF when their numbers came up? Will the satin be done lengthwise or vertically?

TIA #youandmetoo

Mark has already started grinding the satin, they are vertical. The wood is Osage orange, African Blackwood and Cocobolo and one made of used popsicle sticks I found in a dumpster behind the elementary school that I pasted together just for you.

Operations one and two are done on the wood but the final machining on the wood will be done last because that sump needs to be decontaminated afterward so we'll probably wait until after that machine gets moved over to the other shop.

Back