The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

giphy.gif

Nathan,

I asked this over in random thought thread. But probably better to ask here. In regards to the SDFK. Any chance of a “Best in class” CPK SDFK version for CPK forum members here :) Maybe long weekend sale ? ? ?
:)

Maybe? I don't know, I'll have to think about it.

Nathan,

I asked this over in random thought thread. But probably better to ask here. In regards to the SDFK. Any chance of a “Best in class” CPK SDFK version for CPK forum members here :) Maybe long weekend sale ? ? ?
:)

I'd like to see a "Signature Series" SDFK as well offered up here on the forum with choice of scales and what not.

Hey Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , was just curious if you had considered leaving the boot dagger guard exposed, similar to the Western daggers? And if so, why you didn't go that way? Personally I think it looks pretty cool exposed, but I know looks aren't everything.

25b74600367681c7e6bc26b067a9d58b.jpg

Hey Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , was just curious if you had considered leaving the boot dagger guard exposed, similar to the Western daggers? And if so, why you didn't go that way? Personally I think it looks pretty cool exposed, but I know looks aren't everything.

View attachment 1442428

It's all about that grip. You want a pronounced guard between your hand and that blade. ^ That exposed guard like that was a missed opportunity to build out some geometry between your hand and the blade. Particularly in a reverse grip.

It's all about that grip. You want a pronounced guard between your hand and that blade. ^ That exposed guard like that was a missed opportunity to build out some geometry between your hand and the blade. Particularly in a reverse grip.

Yeah I did notice how thick and abrubt you left the end of the scales at the guard, so figured it was something like that.

Back