The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Kephart
Basic line 5-in field knife
Basic line super duty field knife

^ Steel is here, we are decking material on these now.

View attachment 1447191

In the works collaborations include
Lorien Arnold Kukri
Keffeler tanto
Keffeler trench sword

Also in the works:
Possible kitchen knife
Micro EDC
Folding all steel field knife
Integral Shiv
Axe

In process:
DEK1
4" Dagger
K18 sword

Currently available:
Field Knife 2
10" Chopper
12" Behemother

This winter we intend to develop an optimized heat treat for cru wear

we're getting a mori seiki horizontal machining center with pallet changer next week. Most of you don't know what that means, but those of you who know what that means, you know what that means...

~22x24, 1 degree indexing, 60 tool, 1000 psi through the spindle coolant, 14000 rpm dual contact, 30 hp NH5000. I've been wanting one to match our NV5000 that we love so much. Stole it at auction. I'm pretty stoked.

Wow!!! Exciting times. Mike

Kephart

View attachment 1447191

Lorien Arnold Kukri
Keffeler tanto
Keffeler trench sword

Also in the works:
Possible kitchen knife
Micro EDC
Integral Shiv
Axe

In process:
DEK1
4" Dagger
K18 sword

Currently available:
Field Knife 2
10" Chopper
12" Behemother
My wallet just skipped a beat

Kephart

View attachment 1447191

Lorien Arnold Kukri
Keffeler tanto
Keffeler trench sword

Also in the works:
Possible kitchen knife
Micro EDC
Integral Shiv
Axe

~22x24, 1 degree indexing, 60 tool, 1000 psi through the spindle coolant, 14000 rpm dual contact, 30 hp NH5000. I've been wanting one to match our NV5000 that we love so much. Stole it at auction. I'm pretty stoked.

Oh wow... :eek:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

This please:D:thumbsup:

EDIT: I was going to ask you if there were any more collaborations s in the works with Dr. Dan

and there it is :p

I'm not sure. I think it's like a trench knife except it's for murdering multiple people standing in rows? *shrug*. I guess we'll see.

Knowing you guys, you'll be using it for wood processing or something. ...lol...

I'm not sure. I think it's like a trench knife except it's for murdering multiple people standing in rows? *shrug*. I guess we'll see...

Sounds like something every household in America should be equipped with. Regardless, can't wait to see it.

Murdering multiple people standing in rows is something I might need during Upcoming Friday Sales:D

Thanks

Tom

Kephart

Lorien Arnold Kukri
Keffeler tanto
Keffeler trench sword

Also in the works:
Micro EDC
Integral Shiv
Axe
I will of course buy all of these for no other reason than because you're the one selling them, and your quality product deserves my money.

But let's get to the important stuff!
Also in the works:
Possible kitchen knife
Please tell me this is the 8" chef knife with matching paring knife in AEB-L that the universe has been begging for for the last 3 years*! This is the one thing I'll actually use on a daily basis, and that will bring so much joy into my life.

The word "possible" is terribly nerve-racking. Is it "possible" as in "may never happen", or "possible" as in "may not happen soon"?

*By the universe I mean me.

I will of course buy all of these for no other reason than because you're the one selling them, and your quality product deserves my money.

Please tell me this is the 8" chef knife with matching paring knife in AEB-L that the universe has been begging for for the last 3 years*! This is the one thing I'll actually use on a daily basis, and that will bring so much joy into my life.

The word "possible" is terribly nerve-racking. Is it "possible" as in "may never happen", or "possible" as in "may not happen soon"?

Oh man, this would get my money so fast. Yes to AEB-L on these. But maybe throw a D3V cleaver into the mix for good measure!

I agree as well about getting use. I love the HDFK, FK2, Boot Knife, Shivs, Choppers, etc., but I don't have the opportunity to use them often being an urban wage slave. :( An AEB-L Chef/Paring kitchen set would see daily use and joy!

It is indeed an 8" single bevel American santoku similar in concept to the old 6" potato knife. I ordered a bunch of AEBL for a stainless option for the upcoming Kephart and there's more than I need for that. I've been wanting to revisit the kitchen knife and there's enough for a micro run of 50. We're considering it. We've already decked and sized the stock for it and there is a preliminary design. Of course a run of 50 isn't really enough to justify the setup and based on the last sale it might only be enough inventory to piss people off. So Idunno...

Back