The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

If you have an order in the pre-order sale that hasn't been finalized yet you can change an existing order. I only closed it to new orders. If you need to change a quantity (up or down) that's not a problem.

The knives in the pre-order sale come with a sheath.

Nathan,

Let me begin by saying how much I love you and your team's work. You all are true artists.

I'm having an issue with rattle in my FK kydex sheath. It's pretty pronounced on this one for some reason. I don't have it on any of my other CPKs. Are they any remedies? it seems to be the blade fit that is causeing it. I've been looking in the forum and I haven''t seen much on the subject. Any help would be appreciated. Best to you and yours. Marco

Last edited:
Nathan,

Let me begin by saying how much I love you and your team's work. You all are true artists.

I'm having an issue with rattle in my FK kydex sheath. It's pretty pronounced on this one for some reason. I don't have it on any of my other CPKs. Are they any remedies? it seems to be the blade fit that is causeing it. I've been looking in the forum and I haven''t seen much on the subject. Any help would be appreciated. Best to you and yours. Marco

Here Sir!

P.S. I only dare to respond for Nathan when I know that he's probably asleep and snoring his head off!

I thought he wouldn't even be online on Labour Day but he proved me wrong! I'm gonna stop answering anything in this thread all together. :)

He probably sneaked out of bed again without Momma's permission. It's OK for the lunatics to take over the asylum on U.S. official holidays! #idecided

Nathan,

Jo will contact you and get you taken care of. :thumbup:

Anyone with questions regarding d2 and it's quality with proper heat treat, should be directed to do some research on Bob Dozier. I imagine Nathan will probably be able to hit his sweet spot very well-+ he can always compare notes with Dan Crotts, who makes many of the Doziers Arkansas made knives , his own knives , and the sheaths for the edc. Sorry to bring another makers name, or two really, up Nathan. Please take this down if you so desire.
Thanks, Neal

Nathan, will these next 10 Field Knives be the last ones before you retire the pattern?

Will there be a purchase limit?

Cheers

Neal, I'm thinking Bob and Dan call Nathan when they have questions about metallurgy or heat-treat....heard they've got his number on Speed Dial. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I've never talked to Bob or Crotts about their HT. It's proprietary.

Bob mastered D2 before I ever even got into knife making. And his success with that alloy is part of what promoted me to try to better understand it.

Nathan, will these next 10 Field Knives be the last ones before you retire the pattern?

Will there be a purchase limit?

Cheers

No, I have about 100 Field Knives in process now. About half of those will go to the preorder. At the end of this run I plan to retire the pattern.

^ I've never talked to Bob or Crotts about their HT. It's proprietary.

Bob mastered D2 before I ever even got into knife making. And his success with that alloy is part of what promoted me to try to better understand it.

Bob's been at it a loooong time, another with Mastery of D2 is Melvin Dunn, retired from Dunn Knives here in Kansas....started his journey with D2 in 1970.

I wasn't trying to be out of place and that's interesting to know. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate can we start a thread for extra supplies like trading , selling , scales , sheaths , CPK related ect ..
Of course all would done per P.M. for gold and higher members , no prices listed on thread and no selling knives .

Nate can we start a thread for extra supplies like trading , selling , scales , sheaths , CPK related ect ..
Of course all would done per P.M. for gold and higher members , no prices listed on thread and no selling knives .

I don't know the answer to this question. In principle I have no problems with it, but being on my forum I would be responsible for it. And I already have my hands full (there is a machine sitting idle waiting on me right now, my shop is a huge mess, my inboxes are complete disasters, I can't remember the last time I changed the oil in the air compressor, my grinding area is becoming a real fire hazard), I'm not sure I could give it the attention it would need.

Let me think about this...

Nathan, if this is going to be of any consolation to you, Lorien's shop always looks very neat and tidy judging by his posted videos :p

That said, I really can't comment as to what is really going on in his head as evidenced by some of the comments which he makes :D

Afternoon, Nathan, any plans for doing an EDC preorder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, Nathan, any plans for doing an EDC preorder?

Yes, probably some time after the turn of the year. I need to get all of the preordered Field Knives "out of the system" first.

^ Lorien is Canadian.

Canadian people are people too.

#Canadianlivesmatter

It's great to see your serious side too once in a while :D

But how about a serious Q:

I am currently on the CPK-FK preorder list pretty far down the list, so I imagine we will be looking at fulfillment toward the end of the year. That said because of my impatience and major A.D.D. I'm planning to jump the line and go for it on the next CPK-FK sale.
The question is will my spot on the preorder list be transferable to someone I shall trust? Someone who can not get on the Friday's Sale action but still wants a CPK-FK. Once I do reach an agreement with such a hypothesized person, do I simply enter his/her
details in my preorder post, or just pay for it and do a proxy if I decide not to cancel the order?

Thank you again for your time :)

Last edited:
Back