The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan actually had some of his fasteners made to order. So I don't think they will be changing. He wasn't interested at all in the titanium option as they were kinda.... low quality.

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks did install S!K fasteners in a CPK himself......

JustinFournier JustinFournier did the stonewashed hex I did come out good enough to use? I'm guessing maybe not, I know they were not totally 'clean' and I'm not sure how to get them 100% mark-free.

Yup. Not doing that again...

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist is the last one with your name on it out of the wild now, with the return of that skinner?

[QUOTE="Hard Knocks, post: 17480117, member:

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist is the last one with your name on it out of the wild now, with the return of that skinner?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately no

JustinFournier JustinFournier did the stonewashed hex I did come out good enough to use? I'm guessing maybe not, I know they were not totally 'clean' and I'm not sure how to get them 100% mark-free.

The knife blank deal fell through and scales and fasteners are still waiting to be used. So I'm waiting for another FK to pop up. They don't need to be 100% clean as the scales are quite rough looking anyways. So I think it will be a good look. Shoot me an email if you want to know more. I was thinking of getting your help with it anyways.

Unfortunately no

I was hoping that was the last, but glad for the information. Thank you.

The knife blank deal fell through and scales and fasteners are still waiting to be used. So I'm waiting for another FK to pop up. They don't need to be 100% clean as the scales are quite rough looking anyways. So I think it will be a good look. Shoot me an email if you want to know more. I was thinking of getting your help with it anyways.

Good! I hope they will prove useful yet. Been gone and got some catching up to do, so I won't hit you up just now, mostly curious. If you get ready to run with it and I can be of some help give me a holler bud.

^ Hey Bud, I'm hoping that Nathan would consider making the MC one his regular patterns with a preorder list like the LC-D3V, instead of the limited edition iterations of the LC (Zombie GT / 4V). If such plans were to materialize, we would probably have to wait till the conclusion of the EDC-2 preorders (Spring 2018?). Unless Nathan sticks to his previous plan where he indicted that the MCs will be only made in limited numbers :(

I wouldn't even wonder about the possibility of the MC being a pattern until Nathan gets one out for testing. Could be it doesn't work well, needs to be altered and doesn't get past prototype phase. HC for example, BC in a similar vein.

Sorry if I missed it, but was there ever any mention of what blade length, thickness, etc. you had in mind for the MC??

Thanks for clarifying that Nathan.

The LC is 17.1 oz, so that number divided by the ratio of its thicknesses to the MC, equates to the MC having a weight of approximately 20 oz (not taking into account other potential differences/tweaks between the 2 models of course ;))

Back