The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Hey Nathan!

Just wondering if any Shiv's will be made again? Maybe next year or the year after? Just curious if they will ever be offered again!

Cheers! :)

Hey Nathan!

Just wondering if any Shiv's will be made again? Maybe next year or the year after? Just curious if they will ever be offered again!

Cheers! :)

Yes. I plan to bring a few Shivs the Blade Show.

A4A-0ZzE9JvfxNevLf7sOV8cPM2NA452S-Teq0AiGn3eoXwTkwqKWs_eE3Q4GGKWlIAwU_IfYclyUbOP_9CycD1XcWYy9tkFpJOQC34nhEA7Q7k=w300-h160-nc

Yes, if I'm able to. Let me figure something out...

Nathan, if you're going to do a limited run of them for sale on the forum, maybe more customers would stand a chance of snagging one if sales were limited to one per customer. Kinda makes sense. If you are not opening up the model for full production but only a one time limited run. I'm not looking for a reply, just making a suggestion. I know everyone will answer that all their friends need one and they are buying 5 out of charity for each one, but.............

I like this. Quantities are totally at Nathan's discretion. Preorder would be nice but if Friday sales are utilized the keyboard ninjas will get theirs and hopefully will bow out and allow others to take their shot without having to proxy through a dominant ninja. I mean no offense to the ninjas.

Last edited:
I like this. Quantities are totally at Nathan's discretion. Preorder would be nice but if Friday sales are utilized the keyboard ninjas will get theirs and hopefully will bow out and allow others to take their shot without having to proxy through a dominant ninja. I mean no offense to the ninjas.
i

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough with my suggestion. My suggestion of a limit of one per customer was only meant to be utilized when a small number of a closed-out model was produced for a Friday sale, not many Friday sales. Just want to be clear about that.

My question would be ..... What would a final close out quantity be? If it was a knife I didn't have and wanted, I doubt my keyboard skills would secure one in the typical Friday sale senario.

My hope would be for Nathan to announce his desire to close out a particular knife pattern in a last chance Friday sale. But rather than him making a final quantity for the sale, open a time frame....1 minute.....3 minutes.....whatever.
Each customer (limited to one knife)that has an order time stamped in the opened time frame would have a knife made and processed in a similar fashion to the preorder program.
I have no idea how many orders could be generated. It would depend on the model I guess and how many are already out there. Nathan could limit the number.....as in stating; I'll dedicate this production week to producing up to X amount.

Last edited:
The last thing I intended was to make any kind of suggestion that Nathan change any of his practices extensively. I imagine he has a reason for everything he does, how he does it and when he does it. Think I'll probably deliberate more in the future before posting anything such as I did earlier. Mine was right off the top of my head, while George most probably had given his more thought.

Last edited:
Speaking of 'Fancy scales' would you post an example of some of them??

G2

Purple glitter, shiny?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Yes, there is some. But the material does not process the same as G10 or phenolic. It looks like machining it isn't working out very well, the burlap is too fuzzy and not fully impregnated. Milling and buffing is a no-go. We're able to rough it on the mill but so far it looks like they'll need to be hand shaped and finished with abrasives for good results. So I'm not sure how much of this will work out as finished scales.

Hey Nate are you planning to make/bring back the 6" utility fighters anytime soon?

Back