The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I was wondering if there was going to be more edc2 sales or pre orders in the (near) future
Thanks

Another pre-order is unlikely (the next pre-orders will be MC and FK2) but we have about 100 in process now that's caught up in the heat treat log-jam. We milled a swedge into some of these. Some will get wood scales. Then we will shelve the EDC2 pattern.

Another pre-order is unlikely (the next pre-orders will be MC and FK2) but we have about 100 in process now that's caught up in the heat treat log-jam. We milled a swedge into some of these. Some will get wood scales. Then we will shelve the EDC2 pattern.

Thanks
Îll wait for the edc 3 then !

Thanks
Îll wait for the edc 3 then !

You may have to wait a looooong while then! ;)

Seriously though, there have been plenty of EDC-2s and at times some EDC-1s for sale on the secondary market and because of so many of them floating around, you will get a very decent deal on them in the secondary market for a CPK in the wild (typically a $30-$50 markup by folks to cover their fees). Nathan has also stated that he will be offering some funky EDCs (swedged, acid etched, fancy handles, etc...) before he gives that pattern the boot. You can always participate in the sales or ask someone to proxy for you on those sales.

What are your thoughts around Resiprene-C for CPK handles? Thank you.

Ok, now I'm curious. That MC that @trevitrace proxied for me on that group of 25 a while back, what was the thickness of those MCs?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sold-twenty-medium-chopper-prototypes.1561147/

Yours is somewhere in there among the mix, but all the "standard" proto-MCs, including the ones sold at Blade 2018 would've been 0.220" thick at the ricasso. The ones from these past fun Friday sales were ranging from the standard 0.220" all the way down to 0.183" with 0.205", 0.200" & 0.190"all in the mix.

Nathan, do the Sheaths being offered for the BC from Mashed Cat include Dangler, Belt Loop, TEKLOK etc?
Thanks

Nathan, do the Sheaths being offered for the BC from Mashed Cat include Dangler, Belt Loop, TEKLOK etc?
Thanks

I think we've ordered them with drop loop and slotted for webbing

Eric has an unsharpened pattern now and folks can probably order customs from him directly too.

they look amazing!
Agreed!
I am so glad I got in on the preorder. It would be haunting me now if I hadn’t. Of course, mine won’t be on it’s way until the very end of the run because I waited so long to get in.
I may have to take a shot at today’s sale!

Back