• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

Hey, Joe!

Yep, pretty much agreed there. I hate to say it, but at this point, I have a default setting. If I see a guy reviewing a high-end, custom knive on Youtube, I just pass. Why? Because there's a guy who is only going to say nice things about that knife, since most likely it was free, or Youtube guy is getting a hefty discount to push it. I mean, I get it. If I was given a knife which costs a grand or more, I'd be hard pressed to dog it too. The videos like that that I have seen, I always appreciate the super tiny attempts at making the viewer believe they are objectively critiquing the knife. "Well, and this clip isn't PEEEERRRRRfectly flush...", as they point to something that you can't actually see onscreen.

Yup!!
I remember watching his review of the Brous Bionic 2.0. He refused to say anything negative because he liked the maker. Really?? The thing was a dog and you won't say it?? Why should anyone believe anything you say after that??
Joe

Yup!!
I remember watching his review of the Brous Bionic 2.0. He refused to say anything negative because he liked the maker. Really?? The thing was a dog and you won't say it?? Why should anyone believe anything you say after that??
Joe

I find it fascinating that the "issues" he has with a production ZT are overlooked with a higher priced Brous and Will Moon knives.

I find it fascinating that the "issues" he has with a production ZT are overlooked with a higher priced Brous and Will Moon knives.

Verrrrrrrrrry interesting...........but weird!! Some reviewer!
Ugh
Joe

Another thing I noticed in the comments of that video is that Will Moon is going to be pursuing robotics as a hobby/career. Something about gadgets seems to attract knife makers and knife enthusiasts who are going to start scamming people.

jdavis882 and smokeeater908 both come to mind. They scam people and then run off to play with RC helicopters all day. Weird.

You're right Niner!! I remember when Jdavis was posting all those photos and vids with the helicopters..........it was right after taking deposits on knives that never got made. What an easy way to get started in another expensive hobby.
The Sanctimonious Apostle did a glowing review of the one knife, fixed blade with s90v, that got completed.
Wonder if he took it down after Jdavis decided to turn scumbag? Nah........he likes the guy and refuses to say a bad word about him.
Once again......UGH
Joe

Another thing I noticed in the comments of that video is that Will Moon is going to be pursuing robotics as a hobby/career. Something about gadgets seems to attract knife makers and knife enthusiasts who are going to start scamming people.

jdavis882 and smokeeater908 both come to mind. They scam people and then run off to play with RC helicopters all day. Weird.

Big money in robotics. Maybe Will is setting his sights on a bigger scam.

Big money in robotics. Maybe Will is setting his sights on a bigger scam.

If that truly is the case, it will be a short-lived and failed business venture. Businesses/industries do not tolerate missed deadlines, inconsistent workmanship, or poor communication.

Will struggles to set and deliver to expectations. What he displays in select/isolated instances needs to be broadened out and conducted on a consistent basis. When there is such a clear pattern of poor/spotty performance and output, it's not the customer that you question, it's the business owner/operator. Will needs to work on setting HIS expectations on what HE can truly handle so he meets expectations, does not mislead the customer, and does not do further damage to his business.

And after reading one of ApostleP's response on his "Review": "The reason I steer clear of forums, and specifically threads like this one is to avoid making sarcastic and graceless comments about the ignorance and gutlessness of people who engage in Internet character assassination based upon hearsay, gossip and a total lack of understanding of facts, circumstances and the true character of the guy they're trashing."

1. It's not hearsay or gossip, as there are multiple cases reported here and elsewhere of poor business practice. So to use the very words used by ApostleP, "the ignorance and gutlessness of people who engage in Internet character assassination" is absolutely correct. ApostleP clearly has dismissed and ignored the well documented reports published here and elsewhere.

2. ".... total lack of understanding of facts, circumstances and the true character of the guy they're trashing.": What does an individual's circumstances and true character have to do with violating the terms of a transaction agreed upon between the business and customer? If you can't fulfill to the terms and statement of work that was mutually agreed upon, then you shouldn't be in business.

Last edited:
So......without knowing the facts, the Sanctimonious apostle seems to be a gutless and ignorant person.....

To Will Moon: Straight up......were there any issues with this knife that was returned at all. If not issues maybe anything in workmanship, or general quality not befitting a $750 knife?

Inquiring minds would like to know.......but we probably never will......Will!!

Wow - Glad I stumbled onto this thread.
I had been on his website and had an $800 knife in my cart. Decided to do a search for reviews on him first and found this thread.
Thank you Bladeforums !!

Wow - Glad I stumbled onto this thread.
I had been on his website and had an $800 knife in my cart. Decided to do a search for reviews on him first and found this thread.
Thank you Bladeforums !!

Wheeeew!!! That was a close one John!!!
😁😁😁👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Joe

It's sad all the bad stuff I have read about this maker. I will not purchase one of his knives because of it. And that stinks because His knives look awesome.
I hope he starts heading in the right direction. It seems like he has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I would tell him,it's gonna be a slow road back to clear his name. He did it to himself,but to just admit your wrong doing and fly the straight and narrow. For as long as it takes and even then some people will never forgive and almost all will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's sad all the bad stuff I have read about this maker. I will not purchase one of his knives because of it. And that stinks because His knives look awesome.
I hope he starts heading in the right direction. It seems like he has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I would tell him,it's gonna be a slow road back to clear his name. He did it to himself,but to just admit your wrong doing and fly the straight and narrow. For as long as it takes and even then some people will never forgive and almost all will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what pisses me off most of all brother......I love his designs and would love to have a couple......but that won't happen anytime soon. The reason??? He refuses to own his screw ups.......it's always someone else's fault.
Ugh

I read the reviews and thought I would give him a chance and found a mk10 that was new for a decent price on facebook earlier this year. That was a mistake had to send it back to him to kind of fix it and was not a pleasant person to deal with compared to other makers I've dealt with. So lesson learned and would never buy anything from him again.

I read the reviews and thought I would give him a chance and found a mk10 that was new for a decent price on facebook earlier this year. That was a mistake had to send it back to him to kind of fix it and was not a pleasant person to deal with compared to other makers I've dealt with. So lesson learned and would never buy anything from him again.

If he reads this, and responds, YOU will be the reason there was a problem Kevin. It HAS to be you........because Moonie has straightened up and has taken care of everyone with a smile!!
NOT!!!!!!
PS......what was wrong with the knife???
Joe

it wouldn't open without extreme force and the pivot loosened in maybe 20-30 flips. overall bad fit and finish sharp edges from milling and was not a very nice person to deal with at all. I think it was a rush job from one of his holiday sales.

Back