• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

Another thing I noticed in the comments of that video is that Will Moon is going to be pursuing robotics as a hobby/career. Something about gadgets seems to attract knife makers and knife enthusiasts who are going to start scamming people.

jdavis882 and smokeeater908 both come to mind. They scam people and then run off to play with RC helicopters all day. Weird.

What's this with jdavis?

What's this with jdavis?

He started making some small s90v fixed blades, the Sanctimonious Apostle did a review on one, took a shit load of deposits and disappeared.
Screwed a whole bunch of people.
Couple of his You Tube friends did a few vids asking him to explain himself. He never did.
Another scamming douche bag.
Joe

He started making some small s90v fixed blades, the Sanctimonious Apostle did a review on one, took a shit load of deposits and disappeared.
Couple of his You Tube friends did a few vids asking him to explain himself. He never did.
Joe

jdavis
jdavis882
John Davis
Davis Blade Works
ATL Infidel
Crimson Tide Shooter

Wow, Ok.

News to me. I remember watching his YouTube channel. I think the last vid I saw was the "got my insurance liscence, contact me if in ATL and need insurance"

Banning the maker and not allowing responses seems pretty dishonorable to me, especially when a professional reputation and a livelihood is at stake.

I wonder how many times Bad Will Moon has created new accounts (against policy) and keeps getting banned because he was never unbanned. Some of his continued remarks and asking for forgiveness are simply laughable. It seems like the consensus has spoken and he's simply not welcomed anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with intolerance here. He has burnt all bridges behind him. Perhaps another line of work is in order.

It's all about how he handled it RZ. He has NEVER owned up to all the BS.......he keeps claiming all being said about him are lies and poor Willie can't defend himself.
Not the way to be forgiven.
With his ego I don't think he is able to admit he screwed up.
Joe

jdavis
jdavis882
John Davis
Davis Blade Works
ATL Infidel
Crimson Tide Shooter

I love how people still quote his "fixes" for different knives. None of them really worked. He had "problems" with knives nobody else had. But in most cases his fan boys at the time would shout down any complaints. He also was proven straight up wrong about CRK knives, but wouldn't acknowledge it...

As they say in NYC, he was a "real piece of work" quite a unique guy really. Kept it together for a number of years until it unraveled. Makes you feel sorry for those he meets in the future.

This is what pisses me off most of all brother......I love his designs and would love to have a couple......but that won't happen anytime soon. The reason??? He refuses to own his screw ups.......it's always someone else's fault.
Ugh

Yea my buddy has a couple of his knives and I am not gonna lie they flip amazing and look amazing. I am not gonna roll the dice like it seems so many people have with him and lost. I also refuse to spend money on someone with little to no morals. When you have to get on here and pretend to be someone else to argue for your business that is major red flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said it perfectly CJ......roll the dice.....and hope you get a good one?? No friggin way!!
The member here that got one recently had to send his back for a refund. It was a mess and Moonie comes on with a pic of the knife stating it's perfect. So the dude bought a knife that he obviously liked and returned a perfect knife for no reason?? Buyer's remorse was hinted at by Moon. BS!! I PMd the buyer. The blade was rubbing and couldn't be centered.
He just can't find it in himself to own his screw ups and that is a nauseating trait in a man.
No Moons for this dude!
Joe

Hmmm. I was referred to Will Moon for some work on a knife. Figured I'd best check this out. I guess I'll pass.

In other news... Joe, for the last month you have put up about 1/3 of the posts in this thread. No offense, but what's your rub in this?

Were you somehow ripped off by Will?

He ripped off 2 of my friends. The excuses, lies and assorted bullshit got hysterical after a while. The apologies & promises to deliver were my favorite though.

When/where did this happen?

He made comments about CRK and Reeve's involvement in the development of S30V that were false. There were a few other things as well, but my memory is not too good on things I'd like to forget. IIRC, he was asked/threatened to stay out of the CRK subforum due to his "mistakes".

I love how people still quote his "fixes" for different knives. None of them really worked. He had "problems" with knives nobody else had. But in most cases his fan boys at the time would shout down any complaints. He also was proven straight up wrong about CRK knives, but wouldn't acknowledge it...

As they say in NYC, he was a "real piece of work" quite a unique guy really. Kept it together for a number of years until it unraveled. Makes you feel sorry for those he meets in the future.

jdavis
jdavis882
John Davis
Davis Blade Works
ATL Infidel
Crimson Tide Shooter

Joe

Found him on FB below. He profile says he lives in Atlanta but his wife's info says Johns Creek, Georgia.
Always wondered if anyone did anything with his scamming arse. Guess those good people just gave up and put it on karma to serve.

https://www.facebook.com/UAinfidel?ref=br_rs (copy and paste)

Easy enough to find his wife's info, work info, etc through her linked facebook.

You know, I just got into high end knives about 6 months ago, which I think is when I created my account here. I've come to realise that this community is full of a group of fickle little cunts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Seeing the way mods treat someone who is it seems is actively trying to fix an issue, I will not be buying a membership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Strange that you only have 5 posts and they're all in this thread. Enjoy your life. ;)

Guess who just showed up over at 1911forum? Three guesses. ;) Ok, the first two guesses don't count. His OP with pics in the blade section is simply an ad with links to his website and facebook page. Maybe with an insurance license, he could sell a policy against non-receipt of pre-paid work. :D

I made the mistake of buying a knife from his website. it was a nice knife, but some of the cerakote was wearing off so i sent it back for repair. That was in June. That was about 30 something emails ago. I have been promised it was done, promised it would go out in the mail, provided a tracking number months ago. I finally asked for a refund, which was probably the wrong move because now I can't even get a response. Not sure what I should do at this point.

EDIT: Will fully resolved the matter and provided a full refund on the knife. While I wish the repairs could have been made sooner as I really did like the knife, he backed his work up by providing a full refund when asked.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of buying a knife from his website. it was a nice knife, but some of the cerakote was wearing off so i sent it back for repair. That was in June. That was about 30 something emails ago. I have been promised it was done, promised it would go out in the mail, provided a tracking number months ago. I finally asked for a refund, which was probably the wrong move because now I can't even get a response. Not sure what I should do at this point.

When did you buy it?

Yup! Was going to ask how long till the coating wore off?? Curious why he said he'd warranty it.
Do you, Shad, have any pics of the wear?

EDIT: Will fully resolved the matter and provided a full refund on the knife. While I wish the repairs could have been made sooner as I really did like the knife, he backed his work up by providing a full refund when asked.

That was quick. He's probably monitoring this thread.

Back