The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

I'm trying to figure out if your road trip has taken you a quarter of the way around the globe where the orientation is sideways or if you drive lying down in the passenger seat. At any rate it's good to see the pivot sticker off that sweet F95R19 and it out and about in the world.

For my part, I'm glad to be back here in the warm, comfortable, and friendly confines of the Den instead of out in the wilds of ShirivoBear Land. I'm certainly glad I had my trusty Turtle along with me in my wanderings for a beauty shot or two yesterday...

LtJUUz4.jpg

GUcg23k.jpg

...and with me both days working in the shop building drawers and installing slides for our bathroom vanity.

8rG6yW8.jpg

4OHpjkx.jpg

It only took me about 37 years to finally get around to losing the open-faced look. Carpenter's houses are like shoemaker's children....

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if your road trip has taken you a quarter of the way around the globe where the orientation is sideways or if you drive lying down in the passenger seat. At any rate it's good to see the pivot sticker off that sweet F95R19 and it out and about in the world.

All fixed now. That's what happens when you try to upload from an Iphone straight to the web.

After reading your comment, Officer's Match Officer's Match , I had to get out my Shiros to compare. My F3 Python and Turtle have identical blades--FFG with 15 of so narrow jimps and a very slight easing along the edges of the spine. My Hati blade is very close to identical being FFG but with a slight bevel along the edges of its similar jimping and just a taste less belly than the former two. My Tabargan and NeOn are both FFG as well.

I do like the 3.5 mm blade on my F95R with its 5/6ths grind and beveled-edge jimping, but have not been particularly taken with those R series and other Shiros that feature the extracts at the jimping within their 1/6th flats. The monstrous 111 pocket sword is something else altogether, of course, with its deep-cut fuller.

q09ZYZk.jpg

Overall, I tend to agree with your preference for the FFG blade--it's the iconic Shiro shape and grind. BTW, I had the F95NL World Tour knife to play with for 3 weeks as you may recall. I thoroughly enjoyed having it, found it great in hand, and didn't feel it gave up anything with its lack of jimping and Elmax steel blade.

kI5qo62.jpg

Posting a pic of my Tabargan shortly but do you guys now who still makes custom scales these days for my model? I have Cuscadis in stonewashed linen micarta currently. I actually sold the knife, buyer coated it in oil, demanded his money back because a ‘warped scale’ and now I have some ugly ass dark formerly soft linen scales.... real shame......any guidance appreciated.

I really like my NeOn UL, but, like Jhileman79 Jhileman79 , am a big knife kinda guy, though I do carry smaller knives when a more discreet or lighter blade is more appropriate. I can easily sense the palpable excitement of our friend CPP CPP , with his love of all things NeOn, at this new HatiOn Zero and it is indeed a very cool and great looking knife. Now if Shiro follows up with a with a full-size HatiRNL that'll really get my attention.

whelp i got rid of my F3 and i have a hation lite coming in. I think it will be a better fit though the F3 was very nice

So my Mail-day was supposed to be Saturday but the seller didn’t select saturday delivery. I was s little disappointed but this knife was worth the wait. I carry my F95NL everyday and I had a CD Hati but sold it. When I saw this on AZCK I called them and made an offer to the seller. We worked out a deal and I couldn’t be happier! This was an original lottery piece at 2016 Blade Show. I am a huge fan of CF and this will be the main piece of my growing collection! It is so much lighter than the NL. The titanium is milled out and you can see the CF from the inside. The blade doesn’t have any markings on it (CD and s90v) which is different than the Hati I had before. The Single Row Roller Bearing System makes the knife fire out and drop like is has a fresh coat of KPL. If anyone has the opportunity to own a CD knife you should make the investment
View attachment 1205462 View attachment 1205463 View attachment 1205464 View attachment 1205465 View attachment 1205466 View attachment 1205467 View attachment 1205468 View attachment 1205469 View attachment 1205470 .
Wow, what a gorgeous knife! Hold my beer, I need to go sell all my knives and buy something.

got my hation lite in from my tade and wow its sweet. I was hesitant even though i tend to prefer small blades cause the f3, esspecially with the micarta scales was really nice and i didnt mind it being such a large knife compared to what i normally go for.

Im glad i made the trade though, the hation might be the best knife ive ever had

Back