The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

God....this thread is very dangerous to my wallet...

I'm not quite at Shiro level knife obsession just yet. For expensive +$300 knives, I own but a few CRKS, olamic, an overpriced benchmade and a full ti hinderer

Been eyeballing ****** website...thinking of grabbing a f95 or 111. Quantum looks very sweet, but they seem hard to find

Are there any other good online stores for them? Besides ******?

It's going to happen eventually. If I wasn't putting money aside for a new car, I'd probably have several by now

Send a PM to @Vladimir_K and he can often help locate what you want.

Send a PM to @Vladimir_K and he can often help locate what you want.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Yeah, Vladimir's a good dude and a registered dealer here. I have a couple knives and a tool that came through him from the Motherland. He's pretty good at finding what you're looking for. Just search his posted messages and his email address is in his sig line, U UmnumMAN .

My JekylltoHyde F95-compatible Shiro tool arrived today from @bhyde. It's very nicely milled from a chunk of 6061 T-6 aluminum and includes drivers for both the pivot and body/clip screws. Their slotted heads have rounded ends, fit the screws nicely, and are set-up off-centered in the same manner as the Shiro PacMan screw slots.

1YFwXB1.jpg

ahVUzGb.jpg

So, what do the two bits fit? Obviously, they fit the F95 model and match up with both my older SRBS Turtle and my F95R. The tool fits both size PacMan screws on my older F3 Python as well as my Hati on washers. It's a nice fit on my RDD too. The smaller driver head fits both the pivot and body screws on my Tabargan 100NS. The larger driver head fits the pivot on my NeOn UL just perfectly. The pivot screw on my 111 is a bit larger than my other Shiro pivots and the driver head's just a little sloppy on that one, but works fine with minimal care.

2jtYXTM.jpg

0JgWbn8.jpg

So what fasteners of my 8-Bear sleuth doesn't it fit? The body screw on the NeOn UL is just too small for the tool. JtoH does offer a NeOn tool, but I don't plan on buying one just for one screw on one knife. A small flathead with a little tape on it suits me just fine for that.

Also, the older style clips on risers on my Tabargan and F3 are held on with 2 T8's each, but what knife guy here doesn't have one of those?

mmr1gaZ.jpg

I've never had any real interest in a Shiro pen tool for the cost of a very nice knife and have been content up til now with coins or good-fitting common screwdrivers with a little tape on the tip for protection. I'm pleased, though, with this purchase--the tool is well made, fits all but one of my PacMan screws, and is a good value at the price. Nice job, Bill!

Edit: I did forget to mention that I also have a Shirogorov hedgehog tool, which I do use for its screw bits. It does work, but is a bit awkward, and I enjoy it more as a nice little Shiro collectible than a tool. The JtoH tool is way more practical at about the same cost.

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally (after 2 months of waiting) got my Shiro Screws from Razor Edge Knives. I screwed up my screws up with a regular screwdriver... I the meantime I made a little tool for the proprietary screws from a piece of G10.
Here are some pictures. The tool works like a charm. It has a driver for the pivot and the scale screw.
PowP5hW.jpg

A2xIIqZ.jpg

idxZh0u.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally (after 2 months of waiting) got my Shiro Screws from Razor Edge Knives. I screwed up my screws up with a regular screwdriver... I the meantime I made a little tool for the proprietary screws from a piece of G10.
Here are some pictures. The tool works like a charm. It has a driver for the pivot and the scale screw.

Haha great job, I dig the logo work :)

My JekylltoHyde F95-compatible Shiro tool arrived today from @bhyde. It's very nicely milled from a chunk of 6061 T-6 aluminum and includes drivers for both the pivot and body/clip screws. Their slotted heads have rounded ends, fit the screws nicely, and are set-up off-centered in the same manner as the Shiro PacMan screw slots.

1YFwXB1.jpg

ahVUzGb.jpg

So, what do the two bits fit? Obviously, they fit the F95 model and match up with both my older SRBS Turtle and my F95R. The tool fits both size PacMan screws on my older F3 Python as well as my Hati on washers. It's a nice fit on my RDD too. The smaller driver head fits both the pivot and body screws on my Tabargan 100NS. The larger driver head fits the pivot on my NeOn UL just perfectly. The pivot screw on my 111 is a bit larger than my other Shiro pivots and the driver head's just a little sloppy on that one, but works fine with minimal care.

2jtYXTM.jpg

0JgWbn8.jpg

So what fasteners of my 8-Bear sleuth doesn't it fit? The body screw on the NeOn UL is just too small for the tool. JtoH does offer a NeOn tool, but I don't plan on buying one just for one screw on one knife. A small flathead with a little tape on it suits me just fine for that.

Also, the older style clips on risers on my Tabargan and F3 are held on with 2 T8's each, but what knife guy here doesn't have one of those?

mmr1gaZ.jpg

I've never had any real interest in a Shiro pen tool for the cost of a very nice knife and have been content up til now with coins or good-fitting common screwdrivers with a little tape on the tip for protection. I'm pleased, though, with this purchase--the tool is well made, fits all but one of my PacMan screws, and is a good value at the price. Nice job, Bill!

Edit: I did forget to mention that I also have a Shirogorov hedgehog tool, which I do use for its screw bits. It does work, but is a bit awkward, and I enjoy it more as a nice little Shiro collectible than a tool. The JtoH tool is way more practical at about the same cost.

Very nice brother! i have a Hati on washers in route i just scored but it has some buggered screws. I found some authentic replacements but 70 bucks for the set of 3! Ill try cleaning them up first with a file or something but was wondering where i can pick up the tool you acquired? Looks great!

Edit: just noticed the tag and sent him a PM.

PowP5hW.jpg

A2xIIqZ.jpg

idxZh0u.jpg

Nice little tool there! Hey im looking for some Hati screw replacements but find they are rather expensive (70 bucks for the set of 3 but authentic Shiro) and was wondering what the REK screws ran you? Didn't know Josh was making those! Pretty cool .

I love my Hat on washers, Edgeoflife Edgeoflife , and bought mine off the Exchange with blade scuffs and buggered screws as it had been through several owners and had a hard life. I've bought a number of high-end users to be users, figuring I can save some bucks, don't have to worry about marking up an expensive piece, and still have a quality blade to carry and use. I cleaned up the screws with a bit of sanding (emery board to automotive paper) to the point where they don't bother me and spent time interior sanding and polishing at the pivot to get the action sweet and where it should be. When right, the Hati on washers is the Sebenza of flippers with its nicely damped, hydraulic action.

Bill Hyde, as you may know, is a mod here over at the CRK pages, and I believe works for the Reeves. You can easily find his website googling JekylltoHyde, where I ordered my tool. His CRK lanyard mods are very nicely machined too and I've been tempted to try one. They're not cheap, but as small batch items likely take significant set up and time to produce.

Congrats on that new Hati and I'll expect to see it here when it comes to you.

I love my Hat on washers, Edgeoflife Edgeoflife , and bought mine off the Exchange with blade scuffs and buggered screws as it had been through several owners and had a hard life. I've bought a number of high-end users to be users, figuring I can save some bucks, don't have to worry about marking up an expensive piece, and still have a quality blade to carry and use. I cleaned up the screws with a bit of sanding (emery board to automotive paper) to the point where they don't bother me and spent time interior sanding and polishing at the pivot to get the action sweet and where it should be. When right, the Hati on washers is the Sebenza of flippers with its nicely damped, hydraulic action.

Bill Hyde, as you may know, is a mod here over at the CRK pages, and I believe works for the Reeves. You can easily find his website googling JekylltoHyde, where I ordered my tool. His CRK lanyard mods are very nicely machined too and I've been tempted to try one. They're not cheap, but as small batch items likely take significant set up and time to produce.

Congrats on that new Hati and I'll expect to see it here when it comes to you.

I picked up mine off the exchange as a user also with at least 2 previous owners for i feel like a pretty good deal. Originally i was looking at F95 models but am very happy to acquire the lighter weight CF show slab Hati with its cool seashell milling. I plan on using it as well and was just thinking ahead about the buggered screws (going off pics only obviously) but will definitely be attempting to clean them up first. Emery board sounds like a great option to try and they dont have to look perfect just depends how well they clean up but figured id line up my options just in case i want new screws also. Im pretty excited about my new to me Hati and will definitely post in here when it arrives. Appreciate the lead on the pivot tool and i thought i recognized the name :).

Edit: just ordered the F95 compatible tool. Quite the bargain considering other options imo. Great find!

Last edited:
Very nice brother! i have a Hati on washers in route i just scored but it has some buggered screws. I found some authentic replacements but 70 bucks for the set of 3! Ill try cleaning them up first with a file or something but was wondering where i can pick up the tool you acquired? Looks great!

Edit: just noticed the tag and sent him a PM.

Nice little tool there! Hey im looking for some Hati screw replacements but find they are rather expensive (70 bucks for the set of 3 but authentic Shiro) and was wondering what the REK screws ran you? Didn't know Josh was making those! Pretty cool .

Thanks. Hati/neon screws. They are expensive indeed. These are genuine Shiro screws from Shirogorov Russia.

Thanks. Hati/neon screws. They are expensive indeed. These are genuine Shiro screws from Shirogorov Russia.

expensive for sure for screws but then again Shiros aren't exactly budget knives either lol. I misunderstood your post thinking REK machined new ones for you but now i know my options. Im gonna see how well mine clean up on the Hati when it arrives next week before i pull the trigger on new ones. I was able to source authentics if needed so good to know they are available. I imagine they take some time to arrive from Russia as well.

A shot of my Tabargan from the other day since i havent posted any pics on this page.
IMG_5956.JPG

I’ve heard that the hardware of Shirogorov knives like the pivot is made from Cronidur 30 steel. Is that true or is it another kind of steel they use?

ChazzyP ChazzyP @Mr.sig239
After a couple weeks of flipping the NeOn, it is smoothing up very nicely! I think I was just being impatient. It now closes with a little wiggle, and it should free up soon I reckon. After the next time I disassemble and clean it it'll probably be oh-so smooth! :cool:

IMG_8359.JPG
My new to me Hati arrived yesterday and went straight in the pocket. What a beauty with its seashell CF show side and a joy to carry at only 4.2 oz. An amazing feat for the size with its Ti slab lock side thats internally milled for weight relief.

Last edited:
I'm T-minus 18 hours until a Hati on washers lands and I'm back in the bears den. A lot of knife-introspection last winter and I offloaded all my bearing-pivoted flippers. I could not help but miss them, though. When a trade presented itself, for one with washers no less, I could not resist.

Last edited:
Nice to see you back in the Den, TRfromMT TRfromMT . I went and found your Hati over at the WTT forum--that's a sweet one and seems just like the one Edgeoflife Edgeoflife acquired, though I don't know what he has for blade steel. I checked out the vid too and the action looks most excellent. I look forward to seeing yours here as well as your thoughts on the knife and your shift away from BB flippers.

I also ran into something over at WTT that I've been looking for and inquired about a straight sale. Your new knife may have just kicked me in the wallet. :p

IMG_8471.jpg

Recieved the JekylltoHyde tool today. Perfect fit, nicely machined, and a great option. Went ahead and ordered up all new screws from REK as well because they really kinda let my Hati down being buggerred up since its in pretty nice condition otherwise short of a few snails. They were actually less expensive than the alternative and already stateside to boot! :thumbsup: (The originals just weren't going to clean up to my liking and hey now i have spares). :D
Im not having as much luck finding a replacement lock bar insert screw however. The head was stripped when i recieved the knife and the insert keeps coming loose making it a "bear" to flip! :(

ChazzyP ChazzyP my Hati is in S30V steel as seen above. Curious what you found in the WTT and hope you were able to make a deal.:)

Last edited:
Back