The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Hi,
Have you ever had a problem with the lock in your Shiro? I worry that after some time it will wear off and the knife will have bp. In models that have steel insert fixed on screw it should not be a problem, but what about f.e. F3 in which it seems to be pressed in? I know that knife can be sent to Russia, however, it can a bit complicated.
Are there any long time users here?

Even for inserts attached via screw, the knife will still need to be sent to Russia as each insert is fit to each blade individually. The workshop can remove inserts press fit and glued in such as on the F3 or NeOn and it is not more expensive to do so for them than a normal insert, so I would not worry when or if the time comes to do so.

D dburpasaurus nice one.

Could you take a photo of Quantum showing the lock-face?

Here is the lock face on a full custom Quantum, the production looks quite similar:

iixEUekh.png

mikomonday mikomonday thanks for the info, I didn't know that press fit inserts are replaceble. I'm thinking about getting new Shiro, just got a dilemma which one to choose F3NS or production Quantum :cool:

Need help picking a Shiro.

I am considering one of the following:
1) Quantum
2) Sigma
3) Pero

what do you guys think is most awesome?

thanks!

Anyone bought from rusblades before? They legit?
Rusblades is not an authorized dealer and is, therefore, a secondary dealer which means the price can be and usually is more than the official price. The only authorized dealers for the western market are Recon1 and KnifeCenter. I did buy the Sinkevich pivot tool form Rusblades and received it and use it without problem.

Need help picking a Shiro.

I am considering one of the following:
1) Quantum
2) Sigma
3) Pero

what do you guys think is most awesome?

thanks!
Love my Pero, impressive ergos and quite slicey. My only complaint would be the tri lobed screws, but thats just being picky.

Hey Guys, I have much the same question as above however I am torn between the Quantum and the F95T. I had a 95T on SRBS I sold off foolishly several years back and really loved the pattern. I just feel conflicted not going with the Quantum as the upgraded clip and blade shape are pretty neat, and I have heard it is slightly smoother than the 95T. Do they fire with the same authority? In watching multiple youtube videos, deployment on the Quantum seems maybe a little slower (though that could be an illusion due to blade shape? )Does anybody have both that could share their personal experience?

Thanks so much!
Caleb

A few more or less random photos of the disassembly for the purpose of cleaning and sharpening of my F3R. Taking it apart is not necessary to sharpen the blade on the Wicked Edge sharpening system but does give more of the limited flat surface to be gripped in the clamp. On some knives, I have to go back and forth trying to seat the blade so each side is sharpened at the same angle but with the F3R, I simply put it in the clamp and tightened it and it was centered to a tenth of an inch. If anyone's curious, using the Sharpie method, I set the arms at 22˚ and started at 600 grit and progressed through the grits in intervals of 200 and finished with the 3.5 micron strop paddle. The one screw inside the presentation side scale is Allen head.
HDzFX0e.jpg
Q1s1j8l.jpg
ZexiJot.jpg
TzWxQnr.jpg

Hey Guys, I have much the same question as above however I am torn between the Quantum and the F95T. I had a 95T on SRBS I sold off foolishly several years back and really loved the pattern. I just feel conflicted not going with the Quantum as the upgraded clip and blade shape are pretty neat, and I have heard it is slightly smoother than the 95T. Do they fire with the same authority? In watching multiple youtube videos, deployment on the Quantum seems maybe a little slower (though that could be an illusion due to blade shape? )Does anybody have both that could share their personal experience?

Thanks so much!
Caleb

I haven't owned a recent MRBS 95T however I have owned an F95NL, an F3R, and now own a Quantum. I can definitively say the Quantum is actually the snappiest of the three. I am not sure if that can be 100% attributed to the detent alone or in part due to the design and location of the Quantum's flipper tab. I do know that despite Shiro's otherwise astounding quality, their detent has always been a tad lackluster. It would be unsurprising to me if they consciously tightened it up a little on the Quantums, given they typically seek small generational improvements if possible.

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to order Quantum :) I got F3s and F3R so now I want to try something new :rolleyes: can't wait to lay my hands on it.

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to order Quantum :) I got F3s and F3R so now I want to try something new :rolleyes: can't wait to lay my hands on it.

Same boat, should be here tomorrow! I haven't been this excited about a new knife in a long time.

I'm currently considering a Neon R20 or Quantum.

I also like the older style Neon Lite (I like the swirly pattern design but that doesn't seem to be available anywhere). The current Neon seems a bit plain although the slight increase in size is better for me.

Has anyone bought or handled the R20? If so, any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm also interested in any feedback comparing any of the smaller Neons vs the Quantum. I understand the size and blade differences but I'm not sure I can clearly follow why there is an approx. $400 jump in price. Has it also got a better fit/finish, action, cutting performance?.

I haven't handled any Shiros so I'm shooting blind here - any guidance will help. Thanks.

Back