The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Washer Wednesday! CF Hati in M390.
Show em if ya got em.

lWUpp6Wl.jpg

Im a little late to the party but i have these 2 on washers which were my first Shiros. Rainy day out so just an indoor pic.
9190BE7F-AAE8-430A-8D2C-80C7541DC371.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks all! I emailed Recon 1 about availability. Tamar emailed me back to call her. She just got this one in and wanted to offer it to me over the phone before listing it on the website. Persistent (and luck) pays off :thumbsup: I am glad I got the one I originally wanted and didn’t pull the trigger on the bronze one or another color. Delivery tomorrow.

Thanks all! I emailed Recon 1 about availability. Tamar emailed me back to call her. She just got this one in and wanted to offer it to me over the phone before listing it on the website. Persistent (and luck) pays off :thumbsup: I am glad I got the one I originally wanted and didn’t pull the trigger on the bronze one or another color. Delivery tomorrow.
That's awesome! :thumbsup: I had been waiting for Recon1 to get those back in stock also...but then ended up going with a different model instead.

What are the advantages/improvements of the new F3NS over the original F3? I know the steels are Elmax vs M390. Is there anything else?

What are the advantages/improvements of the new F3NS over the original F3? I know the steels are Elmax vs M390. Is there anything else?
Steel can vary depending on vintage for the F3. There's more belly on the NS and some jimping, but the jimping isn't incredibly functional. MRBS not SRBS but my standard F3 has an amzing action on SRBS. If you own a standard F3, you're not missing out.

It's always great see new Denizens, knives, and and enthusiasm for Shirogorov here, but, without finger wagging intended, a reminder about BF posting rules and infractions proscribing links to non-supporting dealers, deal spotting, and leeching images seems in order here. I should think a gentle reminder from your OP should be preferable to any intercession from the Mods.

Nice new NS, Adamas Adamas , I'm eager to see your pics and to read your impressions of that one. I've not had a new Shiro in a while, and the F3NS is very tempting indeed.

Steel can vary depending on vintage for the F3. There's more belly on the NS and some jimping, but the jimping isn't incredibly functional. MRBS not SRBS but my standard F3 has an amzing action on SRBS. If you own a standard F3, you're not missing out.
The biggest jump is from the F3 to the F3R with the addition of underlay washers, MRBS, and weight-reducing milling. Like Chuck, I'm awfully pleased with the quick action of my SRBS F3 Python. I do like that NS, though.... :)

Back