The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Steel can vary depending on vintage for the F3. There's more belly on the NS and some jimping, but the jimping isn't incredibly functional. MRBS not SRBS but my standard F3 has an amzing action on SRBS. If you own a standard F3, you're not missing out.

Thanks. I’ve had an F3 for several years now. Maybe five. It’s not going anywhere.

I received my F3 NS in black carbon fiber today. Wow, just wow! The marbled carbon fiber handle is amazing! I’ll post pics soon.

One thing I noticed is a little lock stick (?) when retracting the blade. Is this normal? Or will it go away after break in?

To explain in better - I feel very slight stick when first pressing in the liner lock bar with my thumb.

Sorry about that ChazzyP ChazzyP

Was just trying to help him get some pics up of his knife. :confused:
No worries, man. I know you were just trying to be a good teammate. I just wanna make sure we don't stray off course and give the mods any reason to feel that the Den is anything but one of the best threads here at BF.

Adamas Adamas , it's really not uncommon for a new knife, even a high quality piece like a Shiro, to have a little tactile or audible lockbar release when closing. A brand new interface will require a little while to wear in the spot where it locks up. It most likely will begin to feel freer as it breaks in, but even if there's just a taste of a click left when releasing that just means the knife is locked up securely.

I received my F3 NS in black carbon fiber today. Wow, just wow! The marbled carbon fiber handle is amazing! I’ll post pics soon.

One thing I noticed is a little lock stick (?) when retracting the blade. Is this normal? Or will it go away after break in?

To explain in better - I feel very slight stick when first pressing in the liner lock bar with my thumb.
Give it a couple days, you should be fine. With the F3, its a little tough to clean the lock bar face, but wipe off the part of the tang that interfaces with the lock face to clear off any oil that might be left on there form the factory. Might help.

Adamas Adamas , it's really not uncommon for a new knife, even a high quality piece like a Shiro, to have a little tactile or audible lockbar release when closing. A brand new interface will require a little while to wear in the spot where it locks up. It most likely will begin to feel freer as it breaks in, but even if there's just a taste of a click left when releasing that just means the knife is locked up securely.
How’s things, ChazzyP ChazzyP ? Any new Shiros I should know about?

How’s things, ChazzyP ChazzyP ? Any new Shiros I should know about?
Things are pretty good, my friend, enjoying more leisure and less work in my semi-retirement. No new Shiro's since I got the RDD from you, but have added a few nice pieces--most recently a sweet Cheburkov Hudson (Gudzon) Lightweight with an all-CF side like the Hati.

How're things on your side of the canal? Still playing with knives and hanging on to a few of your Shiros?

I like that color way better than my black G10 F3.
When deciding on an F3, I really liked the grey G10 with red accents (still do, looks fantastic). I hit the Recon 1 site, ready to pull the trigger, and they had dropped more micarta that day. That clinched it for me - micarta is my jam (still really like that grey/red colorway though).
flower.bf.jpeg

When did Recon1 become a Shiro dealer? I got my F3 from a Russian guy on eBay possibly before.

That sounds right. I bought my F3 from eBay in Oct 2018. I bought my HatiOn Lite from Recon1 a year and a half ago. Cool store. I got to visit them before the pandemic. I didn’t buy anything though.

Back