The Beast

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This knife was made from the same plate of .350" CPM 4V that I made my first two comp choppers from. I gave it the same heat treat as well. The only differences are the blade shape and length and this one sports high flat grind.

There was not enough steel to make another comp knife from the plate so I decided to get a little creative, especially since it was a big piece of steel left over. The lines just seemed to flow naturally into what you see here.

This is a large knife with a 10.5" blade and a bit of weight to it. However, it handles oh so nicely. I would not have been saddened if it did not sell at Blade as it would make a very nice centerpiece on any display table. In the end a good customer saw it, liked it, and was willing to pay my asking price so it is on the way to his house right now.

No more reading, Here's the pictures:

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

I shipped it before I wrote down any of the specs other than blade length and thickness.
I did remember to make a rough sketch/pattern of it so that it can be reproduced.
Something different I did, that I think really set it off, was crowning the spine.
That gave the knife a rather refined look, IMO.

Let me know what you think.

I like it. Hell of a blade.

Handle looks great. I agree the crowning really puts it over the top.

Thanks fellas.
I have some thinner 4V on the way to make some more.
It's a pretty impressive knife.

I'm the happy owner of this Beast. And the 0.35" stock thickness is what really makes this knife a true beast. Ergonomic handle is excellent, informed by Chris' Bladesports competitions. Beautifully made, tapered tang is a nice suprise. Great knife. I'd buy another in 3V with thinner stock for sure.

Wow serious knife, love the look of it. I'd be interested in one. Like stated above if a little thinner maybe 3v ? Like .28-.32 lol :)

Congrats Rob_Angerer on scoring that beauty !!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics

There will definitely be more of these made.
It is a very awesome knife and I am glad that I got to use it before it sold.
It will be made in a couple different steels in the near future.
Thanks Guys.

Back