The Beast..

Same. But with a 8" or a 10" wheel. I was limited on that grind on thin stock. Like on that knife of chickenpluckers. You run out of radius before
you reach. .015 edge on bottom. So it had to be a low saber. Which is fine. But this is what I needed to take it to this level and his thin blade is
3/16. Not. 1/8 like this example.

This blade. Is 3/16 thick with a 8" wheel. The one pictured above is 1/8 thick with the 14"

005-2.jpg

So thats going to be a stainless flat ground? shit I'm lost here..........LOL

Great work J.
When I read the title of the post I was waiting for a super ringed camp 1 inch thick with blood groves coated and all.....
But that thing is better.

Keep it up man.

Yea I was completely distracted with that picture J. Not a good reference. Eyes polarized to tits sorry.

This is a killer, J. I know I'm not able to imagine what you'll come up with once you put the 14" beast to work, although I try. Just keep on rollin', man :thumbup:

I get it now. That big wheel= hot girls in kilts. GOT IT! Yea I'll take a bunch of those.

For comparison purposes, 8" wheel nice deep dish on the Horton Archback. 36" wheel (damn near flat grind yet still hollow) on the BanTang BT4.

003-8.jpg

Natalie prefers it deeper!!!!

005-2.jpg

I understand the grinds thing perfectly. I'm looking forward to a 1/16" combo chisel Kitchen Katana... :D

For comparison purposes, 8" wheel nice deep dish on the Horton Archback. 36" wheel (damn near flat grind yet still hollow) on the BanTang BT4.

003-8.jpg

I have not heard of a wheel (that uses a belt) larger than 20", is Ban's 36" a stone wheel?

I have not heard of a wheel (that uses a belt) larger than 20", is Ban's 36" a stone wheel?

Not sure how he accomplished it Tim. But that was the diameter he discussed when he was making that one.

Edited to add. Tim I went back and searched the sales thread. It wasnt a 36"wheel but a curved platen that replicated a 36"wheel.

Ban
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Send Email

KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Join Date:Oct 1998
Feedback Score:82 (100%) Originally Posted by seionage
36" hollow ground?!? holy crap, that is one big wheel!
Yep it would be a really big wheel and take up lots of space. I used a curved platen with a radius similar to 36".

Last edited:
Back