The Beer Scout Knife

Figured I would update my beer scout experience with a couple of pics. Love this knife. Easily the best looking cocololo I've ever seen.
7c14c08443d11a6931a83ae85c55ca42.jpg
230eb799539a85193c0d9d07730a885f.jpg

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Heard "November" from someone I'd trust yesterday. These things are of course subject to change!

Thanks. I've been saving my pennies thinking they were coming this summer like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard "November" from someone I'd trust yesterday. These things are of course subject to change!

That's a long time from now! Obviously the June estimate that I had seen at a store website was wrong! I wonder what's coming after the #14 pattern.

That's a long time from now! Obviously the June estimate that I had seen at a store website was wrong! I wonder what's coming after the #14 pattern.

Maybe the 72's?

November seems like a very long way away.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish the upcoming run had a spear or clip blade (just to be different) but I'll probably grab one anyhow. The new cover materials are intriguing to say the least.

That's disappointing. I'm "sure" for the wood and bone. Had fantasies of cracking a lot of beer with that cap lifter this summer. Winter beer drinking is good, but just not the same....hopefully the Beer Scouts will come earlier than Nov.

I had to look up the 72... all of these Remington style swell center patterns in 1/4" increments ;) are confusing. I don't have a 72 but there's been so many of this style. November does seem like a long way away but I have some from the prior run and I can be patient.

I'm not sure that a clip blade would work well with the easy open notch. They could do more of the radio/crown lifter style knives in addition to the beer scouts. Some of those knives had a clip blade and no easy open notch.

A spear would make a lot of sense for this run of beer scouts. They made a few for the Rendezvous last year. But one thing that I've noticed about the spears is that they don't have much of a taper on them. I would prefer a bit more of a taper toward the tip of the blade. The clip and sheepfoot blades have a nice taper. For comparison, the spear blades on a Swiss army knife have nice taper.

How about some radio/crown lifters with navy knife style bails? I, for one, would love that!

I wish the upcoming run had a spear or clip blade (just to be different)

Me too. I love the sheepsfoot on the first run of Beer Scouts, but a change to the design, other than just the cover material, would have been nice. 440C stainless blades would have been awesome. So would a nicely swedged clip point blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A spear would make a lot of sense for this run of beer scouts. They made a few for the Rendezvous last year.

I could live with a nice spear, the traditional blade for the scout pattern. I love the spear on my 77 barlow from last year.

Me too. I love the sheepsfoot on the first run of Beer Scouts, but a change to the design, other than just the cover material, would have been nice. 440C stainless blades would have been awesome. So would a nicely swedged clip point blade.

Hmm, I wonder if it's too late to get GEC to change the beerscout main blade type? There is some support here for it...:D:D

I love the Beer Scout Knife. The chestnut sawcut bone was my favorite variation of the first run. So beautiful. But that doesn't stop me from wishing I'd picked up a gunscout and a cocobolo.

gBZfMj1h.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huge fan of that sawcut, Buzzbait. I hope the 'Ale jigged bone' covers on this next run are similarly pretty...

This Spear main blade Rendezvous Scout became available and I just had to grab it:thumbup:

It will see action Friday night:cool:

gpk9ct.jpg

Cz6siD.jpg

Thanks Ron, I had to have it, that combined with no will power equals account deficit:cool::D very happy though:)

Back