The Beer Scout Knife

BSKC members, please post the Beer Scout Knife images that appear to have been scrubbed from the GEC website. We can save them here for our use and enjoyment.

2bVXepB.jpg

Had a long weekend get away with my wife...stopped at a local brewery in Morgan Hill (Kelly Brewing Co.) that still does open fermentation and had a few of their fine IPAs. Tables in brewery are topped with historic maps, this is Union Pacific Railroad's map of Yellowstone National Park.

xE8tVKA.jpg

So I’ve got a bit of a thing for caplifters, I’ve got a bunch in drawers, in the garage, probably in my truck. My favs are of course of the pocket knife variety. Got my GEC Beerscout on the fridge ready to use, (it’s actually attached via a magnet on a larger mounted bottle opener, lol!) My Trestle Pines Topper sees fairly regular pocket time. Somewhat recently I acquired a RoughRider 4 blade stockman that has a lifter. And my most used is a custom idea I came up with perfectly executed by K'roo, I call it the “Chunky Drunk” and it’s a single blade or rather implement pry tool/lifter slipjoint.
Just the other day I gave into temptation and ordered a Case trapper caplifter to add to the collection. I don’t see many posts about them, how are they? I’ve been pretty happy with the couple Case knives I’ve got.

Just the other day I gave into temptation and ordered a Case trapper caplifter to add to the collection. I don’t see many posts about them, how are they? I’ve been pretty happy with the couple Case knives I’ve got.

Curious how it works out for you. I’ve been trying to track down a lifter for a while as a gift. This might be a cheaper solution.

Curious how it works out for you. I’ve been trying to track down a lifter for a while as a gift. This might be a cheaper solution.

I’ll post my initial impressions when it gets here. Shipping usually takes a while. My packages from the U.S. typically go on a tour down there before arriving and sitting in customs for a few days. Next step is a very slow trip to my city where if I’m lucky goes on the right truck and to my mailbox, however it often gets on the wrong truck and goes on a tour of Canada first...

Back