1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Beer Scout Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Dr. Scott, May 6, 2015.

1. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    BSKC members, please post the Beer Scout Knife images that appear to have been scrubbed from the GEC website. We can save them here for our use and enjoyment.

[​IMG]

JSutter, tmd_87, Filoso and 1 other person like this.
  2. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

JSutter, Travman, TFBraden and 3 others like this.
  3. Llasi

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

JSutter, Travman, Filoso and 2 others like this.
  4. Llasi

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

JSutter, TFBraden, Filoso and 2 others like this.
  5. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

JSutter, HST, Leslie Tomville and 6 others like this.
  6. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Had a long weekend get away with my wife...stopped at a local brewery in Morgan Hill (Kelly Brewing Co.) that still does open fermentation and had a few of their fine IPAs. Tables in brewery are topped with historic maps, this is Union Pacific Railroad's map of Yellowstone National Park.

[​IMG]

7. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Excited to see some BSKs posted this weekend...I may have something soon...:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Markeologist likes this.
  8. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190412_171132.jpg
    CHEERS to the weekend BSK members!

JSutter, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 6 others like this.
  9. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    So I’ve got a bit of a thing for caplifters, I’ve got a bunch in drawers, in the garage, probably in my truck. My favs are of course of the pocket knife variety. Got my GEC Beerscout on the fridge ready to use, (it’s actually attached via a magnet on a larger mounted bottle opener, lol!) My Trestle Pines Topper sees fairly regular pocket time. Somewhat recently I acquired a RoughRider 4 blade stockman that has a lifter. And my most used is a custom idea I came up with perfectly executed by K'roo, I call it the “Chunky Drunk” and it’s a single blade or rather implement pry tool/lifter slipjoint.
    Just the other day I gave into temptation and ordered a Case trapper caplifter to add to the collection. I don’t see many posts about them, how are they? I’ve been pretty happy with the couple Case knives I’ve got.

thepapercut likes this.
  10. E40

E40 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hope this makes me an official member of the club! Just got these from a forum member and I am very pleased with them.

IMG_1624 2.jpg

11. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Your membership cards are on the tubes, you are clearly a member in good standing of the BSKC! Cheers!

E40 and tmd_87 like this.
  12. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Congrats! And welcome! Now post a picture of a beverage that you had to pop the top off with the knife.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    E40 likes this.
  13. thepapercut

thepapercut

Aug 26, 2017
    Curious how it works out for you. I’ve been trying to track down a lifter for a while as a gift. This might be a cheaper solution.

tmd_87 likes this.
  14. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    I’ll post my initial impressions when it gets here. Shipping usually takes a while. My packages from the U.S. typically go on a tour down there before arriving and sitting in customs for a few days. Next step is a very slow trip to my city where if I’m lucky goes on the right truck and to my mailbox, however it often gets on the wrong truck and goes on a tour of Canada first...

JSutter likes this.
  15. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    [​IMG]

16. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_1466.jpg

17. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    G darn I need one of these!
    Beautiful

18. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Perfect Saturday here in Ohio

[​IMG]

19. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

JSutter, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.
  20. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

JSutter, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.