The Best Blur!

Hey, guys. I've just recently got my hands on one of those CF154 Blur's and I'm loving it. It's the second Blur I've ever owned and I really like it. I know there are a lot of different Blur models, blade steels, blade shapes, etc. They have variety. My question for you guys is, what do you think is the best Blur? I don't mean simple production. You can swap blades, handles, whatever. I don't want to turn this into a blade steel war, nor do I want to turn this into a picture thread because I'm aware there already is one. Pictures are welcome though if you think you already own the perfect Blur.

I think the black/CF combo scales are about as good as it gets right now. I've never owned a knife with CPM 154, so I don't know how good the steel is. I wish I would have snatched up one of those blem S60v blades simply due to the limited production of them. I'm stuck between keeping the CMP 154 blade or perhaps changing it out for one of those cool ZDP-189 blades(another blade steel I've never owned). Only other thing I'd like to change on my Blur is if I could add one of those cool glass breakers on the end, like on the rescue models.

So, how about you guys? What's your perfect Blur? Pictures incoming.

Awaiting Ovalman to chime in.... I think the best is the CF154 and the S30V blur

Kershaw makes a regular Blur with a glassbreaker. PM Kershawguy and see if he has them in stock. The handles on the rescue models and glass breaker model are the same just with the addition of the glass breaker. You could easily create a Frankenblur if you preferred a different blade.

There is a lot of factors to take into account. I think the ZDP-189 is up there at the top as of which blade would be best. I really like the CF blur that came out, as for handle material that one is at the top all around since it has a CPM-154 blade, but it would look good in another color.

I dont think the best Blur has been made yet.

Blade Steel War! Fight!!!

I'd go with CPM-154, for Blurs that have been released so far. However, if Kershaw ever works with CPM-M4 all bets are off.

I like my CF blur the best also. A close second is the purple spider web and then the tiger stripe.

Forgot about the SG2, that one rivals the ZDP-189, I cant choose just one. The SG2 does get wicked sharp

You guys are making it worse! Lol now I really can't choose what blade I want to use. I saw the SG2 Blur, but again that is a steel I know nothing about. I'm having a hard enough time fighting with myself about wether or not I should even carry the knife. Considering it is a limited production.

BobSig. Being as you said the perfect Blur has not been made yet, what would be the perfect Blur for you? If you could choose any materials they use. Now that I think about it, I think a titanium Blur would be awesome, but incredibly costly to produce, not to mention very difficult to produce.

I doubt a Titanium Blur would be more expensive than the prices some of the rarer discontinued Blurs go for.

You guys are making it worse! Lol now I really can't choose what blade I want to use. I saw the SG2 Blur, but again that is a steel I know nothing about. I'm having a hard enough time fighting with myself about wether or not I should even carry the knife. Considering it is a limited production.

BobSig. Being as you said the perfect Blur has not been made yet, what would be the perfect Blur for you? If you could choose any materials they use. Now that I think about it, I think a titanium Blur would be awesome, but incredibly costly to produce, not to mention very difficult to produce.

As far as Blurs that are already in existence go......Burnt Orange CPM-154, Brown SG-2 (Super Gold 2 laminate blade), and the original non blem S60V are my top picks. I love my new carbon fiber CPM 154 too.

Now, if you're going to start talking about what the perfect Blur COULD be......stone washed Elmax powdered stainless blade, titanium framelock, with orange handle and carbon fiber inserts on the non lock side. Just saying, if they made it.....I'd buy it. More than once! :D

You get the idea. That's the kind of replies I was looking to get. That Blur would look very amazing, and I'm not even into orange on any knives. Now I take mine back, I want a framelock titanium side aswell. :D

As far as Blurs that are already in existence go......Burnt Orange CPM-154, Brown SG-2 (Super Gold 2 laminate blade), and the original non blem S60V are my top picks. I love my new carbon fiber CPM 154 too.

Now, if you're going to start talking about what the perfect Blur COULD be......stone washed Elmax powdered stainless blade, titanium framelock, with orange handle and carbon fiber inserts on the non lock side. Just saying, if they made it.....I'd buy it. More than once! :D

nwmetalbug, you're right the Blur wouldn't cost us more than some of the discountinued ones, but it would cost Kershaw a lot to make them. I doubt their machines are ready to cut out some full titanium Blurs. Then again, what do I know? I'm no knifemaker. Maybe one of the Kershaw reps can stop in and really let us know how difficult it would be for them to put a titanium Blur into production. I'm interested to know.

Cpm 154 BOR is my current favorite as far as made.

If I mixed and matched it'd be the zdp 189 blade on the snapon carbonfiber toxic green handle!

If they made it, A titanium frame lock side with pearl white and sg10 twill inserts on front side, with a SW Elmax and s35vn composite blade with a sweet cutout (maybe a wave patern or lightning type patern).

johnnymac44 almost said what I was thinking. Orange or blue handle, CF inserts. Id go for an Elmax CB in stone wash. Titanium Framelock and a flipper added. Oh, and a Damascus version would be nice too.

There has been many dream posts like this, they wont make it. Realistically, I am being optimistic when I say "The perfect Blur hasnt been made yet." Id love the above, but it wouldnt happen in a frame lock or with a added flipper. I could see the current handle in titanium but the aluminum is really good too.

Cpm 154 BOR is my current favorite as far as made.

If I mixed and matched it'd be the zdp 189 blade on the snapon carbonfiber toxic green handle!

If they made it, A titanium frame lock side with pearl white and sg10 twill inserts on front side, with a SW Elmax and s35vn composite blade with a sweet cutout (maybe a wave patern or lightning type patern).

Id love a white with CF inserts for a nice contrast and a SW CB blade similar to the tyrade or leek pattern. I love dreaming! :D

Give me the orange handles with CF inserts and a composite M390 or Elmax blade and I would be in heaven.

I would also love to see a Ti frame lock version. That would be sweet!

Hmmm.........current model? I'd have to probably go with the BRNZDP. The design on the combo blade get's me every time.

Dream Blur? It changes. Solidorange posted a frankenblur BORZDP the other day that I posted to Thomas and Kershaw on twitter. Add CF inserts and THAT would be one very cool knife! If I was to design my dream Blur to have Kershaw make however (which if I ever win the Powerball I just may have them do :)) I'd have to go with a purple handle, silver G10 or CF (I'd have a hard time deciding this) inserts, SW combo blade of S30V and Elmax with a design similar to the forthcoming 560CB. :D

Back