The best fake by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess it's supposed to be a domino. As for how I can tell with this particular one it's super easy, Spyderco doesn't make a full metal/Ti domino.

What makes you think all of these knives are fake? Sure there are a couple that are obvious knock offs but I know for a fact most of the Millies you posted are legit.

Anyone known of a fake Manix? It's getting up there with the Military in terms of popularity, I would assume some fakes are going to be popping up

What makes you think all of these knives are fake? Sure there are a couple that are obvious knock offs but I know for a fact most of the Millies you posted are legit.

None of the links I posted are legitimate. If I even doubt it for one second I won't post it. Please share your "facts". That is exactly is the purpose of this thread and why started it. The obvious ones I usually don't bother posting. It's the ones that would fool even knife people or who are at least semi familiar with Spyderco that I post.

Also do you think Spyderco would let me continue to post these fakes if they weren't?

You did not answer my question. Under what basis do you think these knives are fake? What features and characteristics do you see on them that indicates a fake knife?

It's already been discussed in this thread. Some feel when I point out the differences that I'm helping the knockoff companies. Does this answer your question?

That G10 looks like it would be as comfortable as the business end of a sharp rasp in one's hand. And the SAL logo...man. "And this logo will gooooooooo HERE!"

Anyone known of a fake Manix? It's getting up there with the Military in terms of popularity, I would assume some fakes are going to be popping up
I have not seen any on eBay but they are definitely are out there. The good thing though is they have very obvious differences.

You did not answer my question. Under what basis do you think these knives are fake? What features and characteristics do you see on them that indicates a fake knife?

Do your own research... or don't and go ahead and buy one of those legit militaries

What gave it away? Pocket clip?

EDIT: Just noticed its a liner lock as well. :eek:
Notice on the real one the pointy thing at the front of the choil is pointier, also differences in screw-holes, different torx screws, and the most obvious thing, the jimping, the printing on the box is off, the list of differences can go on and on... this one is obviously fake, but there are alot of fake Millies that even skilled Spyderwhores have trouble catching

Fake:

Real:

I didn't even notice the lack of jimping.

I just got a Para II and while I do not think it is a fake after reading these threads it just makes you think. Everything on mine looks as it should, but the one thing I noticed that even gave me a hint of questioning it was the jimping on the choil does not seem to be angled back towards the handle.

I might post a pic here just so you can confirm its legit and make me sleep better at night. :D

Just looked at it again and remembered a few other concerns of mine. The liners both have a little chip in them. One on both sides. I also noticed the liners on the fake ones are only milled in one spot. I noticed mine is milled in two spots on the pocket clip side and once on the other side.

Ah hell. Off to take pictures. Hope you don't mind looking at them for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back