The best fake by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to message the seller and see what he said. I said, "Hi, do you know that this isnt really a spyderco knife? it is a fake?"

He responded with

"Hi, Bob
Thanks for the info. I did not know they were making fake ones. I will post this to
my desribtion. It came with a large collection of knives I have been selling. Most of
them are new in box and quality knives so I assumed this was good.
Thanks
John"

The CEO for eBay has publicly stated that it's not their job to determine the authenticity of any product, and it never will be. It's very much a "buyer beware" issue. That's why law enforcement call the site "America's fence".

You guys are worrying about $25 dollar knives. Look around sometime at the ones selling for $1000+. And it's not just knives; anything can be made when labor and shipping are low enough to turn a profit.

Yea, the lack of practicing what they preach is sickening. I hope Sal and company gets that one shut down. Some day, someone should and will hold Ebay accountable. I'm surprised it has not happened yet. All types of shady going on there.
It would be unfair to expect eBay to be an expert on every brand of every product sold on its site. As someone noted, they have no way of telling if an individual member reporting an item is working with a rival seller to get a legitimate auction removed, or if the item is really a fake. Their answer is their VERO program where owners of patents, copyrights, and trademarks can report violations of their intellectual property rights. Spyderco is a member of that program. So, again as noted, the best thing we can do is bring auctions like this to their attention by posting in the sticky tread here and/or the "Spyderco-like Knock-offs, Replicas, and Fakes" sub-forum of the Spyderco factory forum.

5f71da91.jpg

I find this disturbing. I'd really like a CRK but am concerned that without driving to Boise to get it I'd probally get ripped off.

How is a novice to know what is real and what is fake.

The black one with no box has clip grooves only on one side, that's the giveaway that it's a fake.

Wow, that is really good; I am far from expert but that really does look real. I gotta ask, what tipped you off to them being fake? Curious, are all of those fake or just one?

Wow, that is really good; I am far from expert but that really does look real. I gotta ask, what tipped you off to them being fake? Curious, are all of those fake or just one?

Markings are wrong and off and no clip slots for LH carry

And another

Item #110832532251

I wonder if a better approach would be to bypass reporting the fakes and just buy them instead, then file a complaint with PayPal? If they keep having to refund money for fakes then maybe they will finally start taking notice?

Just a thought.

I don't think eBay or PayPal cares either way.

I say just start reporting the listings.. I just did on the last link.

I find this disturbing. I'd really like a CRK but am concerned that without driving to Boise to get it I'd probally get ripped off.

How is a novice to know what is real and what is fake.

Dont let that keep you away from buying a CRK, just buy from a reputable retailer like Bladehq or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back