The best fake by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought that one at a $45 bin based on the title and the fact it said new (Dumb Eric). Read the description later and requested a refund of which he did. I told him he should edit the title. He hasnt.

That one will fool a lot of people. Looks nearly real to me, but I am not a big UKPK kinda guy either. It's disappointing to know that some poor guy will still not read the note added and will buy it thinking it's the real deal. That's the part about fakes that really makes me mad, not a company losing money, not designers being ripped off, but some blue collar type getting his hard earned money swindled.

Everyone that reads Rycen's posts on fakes should report the item so that it really gets ebay's attention

Stating it's a fake or might be a fake is a violation of ebay rules. IE: authenticity disclaimers.

Everyone that reads Rycen's posts on fakes should report the item so that it really gets ebay's attention

Stating it's a fake or might be a fake is a violation of ebay rules. IE: authenticity disclaimers.

Reported them. Sad stuff. They are pretty good fakes though, I'm sure they'll fool a lot of people....even me.

I recently purchased an item on ebay the was a fake Magpul item and when I told the seller he insisted it was real ,so I reported him and the item to ebay/paypal and the gave me a full refund and blocked all his other sales of the same item . That is not the best way to handle things but I had no way of knowing it wasn`t real by the photos ,The funny thing was after they gave me a refund the seller sent me an email calling me a liar then he said it is the quality of the item that makes it real not the manufacturer ;What a loon.

Looks like the only way to tell is the pocket clip, and maybe the markings on the blade. They look like they might not be space/sized right. I don't have one of those to compare though.
If he knows what he is selling is a fake, but is trying to pass it off as real, then that's definitely dirty right there.

Easy was to spot the UKPK fake is the wire clip slots are only on one side.

Sent that seller telling them it was a fake. Let's see what this one does or says if they reply.

Here is the most obvious way to tell this one is fake... I don't know if this is a result of your message Sithus1966.

Spyderco UK penknife brand new only owned it for 3 weeks. Amazing CPMS30V leaf blade with black G10 handles.
length overall 6.938" (175mm) blade length 2.938" (74mm) blade steel CPM S30V
Not a true spydercolength closed 4.063" (103mm) cutting edge 2.625" (67mm) weight 2.4oz (69g)
() !--> blade thickness .125" (3mm)

It's a shame....but this is why I only buy from established dealers or from here. Even then, I am still careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back