The best multitool

Will the new Super Tool 200 have the same locking system the current Super Tool does?
I think it's the biggest problem with the Super Tool.
Leatherman should find a better lock, I hate pulling another tool up just to unlock the one I'm using.

If you are looking for an awesome case for the Swiss Tool (I thought the factory one was weak) you can purchase a Bianchi model SW39 .45 cal Clip Pouch. (~$20)

Oil tanned leather, heavy duty spring steel clip, very sturdy. At fist I didn't like the expsed top but once I was used to it I actually like it better. The fit is tight enough to prevent tool from falling out.

When I'm not using it I can carry a spare clip in it for my Kimber.

------------------
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

I go virtually everywhere with my Leatherman Wave either on my hip or within easy reach.

One of these days I'll add a Micra to my key chain, I imagine.

I'm with the Gerber boys. I don't care for sheaths and the smaller Gerber does the job for me. I carry the Pro Scout because it's small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably, yet has everything I need on it. Yesterday I was putting a large light fixture back on in a lady's bathroom and was having a hell of a time holding up the fixture with one hand and trying to get the threaded nipple through the hole. Out came the Gerber and I finally managed to get that damned nipple through and the nut socked home.

------------------
Peter Atwood

email: fountainman@hotmail.com

I'm with johnniet on this one.I bought a gerber multi plier for use as a firefighter.Lets say we needed to remove a switch plate while on a job for an electrical problem.Someone would would say "who's got a screwdriver" I would reach into my pocket take it out of the sheith unfold it,and by then someone else already had a screwdriver out and was working on the screws.Or we would need to shut off a gas line,same thing by the time it was out and unfolded someone with regular pliers was already at work on it.

Now I carry a small Robo-grip and one of those screwdrivers with the differant size bits in the handle.Cost for both about $15,faster and better tools to use.

This is what works for ME,if I had to carry tools on my belt,or would be far away from real tools and needed more varity then a Wave would be nice.

I tend to use the screwdrivers on my Cybertool more than the ones on my Leathermans. They are easier to get out and I have several size options for each type of screwdriver. On the Leathermans, the pliers, scissors, and file (and saw on the Wave) are most important.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

I like the Leatherman SideClip. Sturdier than the Micra and not as bulky as the Wave. It offers the basic tools and clips to your pocket or whatever. I like to keep it simple (IMO, most multi-tools contain redundant or rarely needed/used implements).

Well, I am back to the Pulse from the Wave. 2 mains reasons:

1) Fighting with a tough phillipshead, my Wave folded up on me. I would like to note that this is only the 2nd time in almost 3 years of service (I think -- when did they come out -- I got this one that week). So their "offset" screwdriver works pretty well.

2) The Wave is a thick little bugger and noticeably larger on the ol' belt.

The Wave is now in the Glove Compartment of my truck.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Silly question: If you were looking to replace a knife for utility purposes with either the Legend or the Wave (must have a 1-hand opening blade), which would you pick?

As I see it, the Wave is heavier, has poor steel, & only four tools lock.

The Legend has poor plier ergonomics but otherwise outshines the Wave, at least from what I'm seeing here. Any feedback welcomed (FWIW, I'm currently have a deluxe Scout Multi-Lock--a decent tool but I'd like a blade I can open without opening the whole tool).

The Legend.
I think it beats out the Wave since you can use any jig-saw blade in the adaptor and you can replace the wire-cutter blades.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fountainman:
Yesterday I was putting a large light fixture back on in a lady's bathroom and was having a hell of a time holding ..... I finally managed to get that damned nipple through and the nut socked home.

</font>

I'm sure that that innuendo was deliberate, ladies, nipples and nuts -- you dog!!
smile.gif

SBD
smile.gif

I can't speak to the Legend's usefulness, but the Wave is a good tool. I think shootist16 had a review of the Legend somewhere around here. Will see if I can find it.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

eda-koppo,

If your main priority is a quality knife blade that can be opened with one hand, you'll find none better than the Spyderco Spyderench among multi-tools. I don't know if the Spyderench's other implements will fit your needs, but the blade itself is good enough to make this tool worth a look.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

Back