The BK21 Fatwood Harvest

But we never see the other 9 Beckers!
Haha, touché. :D

Thanks, my friend! I’m always here lurking, just don’t post much. As soon as the weather warms up, I’ll be posting more adventures. :)
Good deal, we need threads like that. Speaking of which, I need to get out myself.

There's that famous tiger-striped one! :thumbsup:
Sho nuff. Sad thing is, I used it a few times before the mod, and have never used it after. But, I have 2 more 2's to use. Speaking of which, I've only used one of those, haha. Have never used my modded Cam 2. I actually made that rig for my BOB.

Great pics thanks for sharing ... and ya never know who you'll run into in the woods huh?

I'm looking forward to using that fatwood it will come in handy going to visit me brother in Wisconsin next month.

If they don't decide its too cold to go outside lol ... but a nice warm fire can make it seem like home.

Great pics thanks for sharing ... and ya never know who you'll run into in the woods huh?

I'm looking forward to using that fatwood it will come in handy going to visit me brother in Wisconsin next month.

If they don't decide its too cold to go outside lol ... but a nice warm fire can make it seem like home.

A fire is the heart of camp!

Great story, and nice pictures y'all took! I need to learn more about fatwood.
Does is come from only one type of tree, or one family of trees?
Anyone know where one would look in central Texas for fatwood? (In the wild, not in the store . . . )

P.S. I forget who went where. So, which one of you two is still riding high over the college football national championship?

We've woke up to raccoons eating our leftover camp food before!
Been there, done that. We were camping at Rend Lake once upon a few years back. It was about 2 in the morning, when there was a loud noise that woke us up. We were both like, wtf? Looked outside, and it was a raccoon. We had a tote, on top of a picnic basket, with a large rock on top of that. It knocked the rock off, and it hit the metal picnic table. You can imagine how loud it was. Anywhos, looked out the tent, and snapped this photo. You can see the tote upside down, that was on the basket, with the rock to the lower left. Little bastard, haha:

Great story, and nice pictures y'all took! I need to learn more about fatwood.
Does is come from only one type of tree, or one family of trees?
Anyone know where one would look in central Texas for fatwood? (In the wild, not in the store . . . )

P.S. I forget who went where. So, which one of you two is still riding high over the college football national championship?

Fatwood comes from old pine stumps. When you tap into one, it smells just like Pine Sol and has a very sticky resin.

And that would be me.

1774D708-5674-4147-844A-E2947F24DA25.gif

:D

Back