The BK9 got me

It took nearly a year, but today it happened. My Becker blade drew blood.

I was taking samples of switchgrass for my research, and the gardening shears I found at the school farm were dull and rusty, nor were they at all conducive to my bad ass image. So I was cutting the grass samples with my BK9, which was, of course, better in both function and style.

I was gripping handfulls of grass in my left hand, cutting off the grass at a six inch height, and stuffing the sample in a bag. At one point, I noticed that I seemed to have also removed a sample of skin from the knuckle of my middle finger. This discovery was then confirmed by a slow, but steady flow of blood.

I then bandaged myself up with a band aid and gauze from my Goody Bag Level I (which will be feautured in future posts), and got back to work.

It was a nice clean, straight cut, just shaved the hide from my knuckle. I didn't feel it at the time, but now, hours later, it hurts a bit when I move it.

P1010006.jpg

I shaved one of my knuckles off ice skating once....it heals eventually :p Do you feel even more bonded with your 9 now?

At one point, I noticed that I seemed to have also removed a sample of skin from the knuckle of my middle finger. This discovery was then confirmed by a slow, but steady flow of blood.

Not to make fun of your misery, but this actually made me laugh pretty hard. Get well soon, and never stop being awesome!

--

maethor

With a 9, you are lucky you did not shave that finger right off your hand.

Heal fast!

Yeah, but did you bite it back? I mean it was just a playful nibble after all, you should return the favor. Nom nom nom...

Derek, I am really starting to question your sanity now and then.

Mein freund, I think you were mistaken to assume I was cursed with sanity in the first place.

:D

Back