• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Blade Shop is the worst

I have an ongoing dispute with bladeshop as well. never got the knife and STILL have not gotton a refund. DONT' BUY FROM BLADESHOP!!!!!

After reading all the bad reviews on the bladeshop, I canceled my order. It took them at least 3 1/2 weeks to give me my refund after a few calls and emails. Either the owners of this company are mentally retarded or they are crooks. Either way I'd definitely stay away from doing business with them.

I decided to test my patience to the limit with these phonies last year and waited 19 weeks for a pair of SOG knives! I called 4 times, every time the same story, they were expecting them in on Mon. Do not order from The Blade Shop!

I've not been to the bladeforums.com for a while now and I am surprised that the Blade Shop has such a bad reputation. It has been years since I've ordered from them (>3 years) but I never had a problem with them at that time. I guess times and service changes and in this instance for the worst. Sorry to hear about all the problems. I definitely will think twice before ordering from them.

I almost ordered from them, thanks to this thread, I didn't. Thank You!:thumbup:

On May 15th, 2009, I placed an order with TheBladeShop.com. for a knife that was advertised as "In Stock". My credit card was charged that day. on the 18th of May, I got an e-mail from them stating that the item was on back order, and it would ship in1 to 2 weeks. On June 15th, I again inquired about my order. Their response was "We do have you on the backorder list for that item, and we will email you when the order ships. I apologize for the delay, but we appreciate your business and patience." On Aug 18th, another inquiry resulted in the same message. It is now Sep 27th, I still have not seen my knife and I am committed to telling the world that TheBladeShop.com should be spelled .con.

you can file a complaint online with the federal trade commission. only takes a few minutes.

On May 15th, 2009, I placed an order with TheBladeShop.com. for a knife that was advertised as "In Stock". My credit card was charged that day. on the 18th of May, I got an e-mail from them stating that the item was on back order, and it would ship in1 to 2 weeks. On June 15th, I again inquired about my order. Their response was "We do have you on the backorder list for that item, and we will email you when the order ships. I apologize for the delay, but we appreciate your business and patience." On Aug 18th, another inquiry resulted in the same message. It is now Sep 27th, I still have not seen my knife and I am committed to telling the world that TheBladeShop.com should be spelled .con.

Just reading this pisses me off soo bad. I am really thinking about driving up there to talk to the owner of this company. I live 3 hours away. Seriously, what kind of low life would run a company like this? They can give all the excuses in the world, but it still doesn't make sense. I am going to file a complaint the the FTC right now. One of these days they are going to mess with the wrong person and they'll be out of business. It just a matter of time.

I've had a Spyderco Citadel on order with them since July. Same deal, backordered, available in 1-2 weeks and still waiting. I ordered a Manix 2 the other day. Shouldn't be a difficult knife to get and same song and dance. Back ordered for "1-2 weeks". I'll never see it I'm sure. I'm close to $300 into them with nothing to show. Learn from my mistakes.

thanks - i was going to order something from them but now ill go elwswhere. marekz

Finally got my Spyderco Manix 2. About 2 1/2 weeks wait time which, apparently, ain't too bad. I'm still waiting on my Spyderco Citadel I ordered in June :(.

FREE Shipping on orders over $125!!! Yeah I tryed it. It took 1 month to get the my order. I wish I knew about BladeForums.com before buying items from them.

maybe im the "lucky" one , but i ordered a spyderco knife from thebladeshop.com on 10/28/09 at approx 5:00 pm (i live in NYC) , i received my knife via USPS (i paid for the regular insured shipping) and i received my knife in the afternoon on 10/31/09 , only 3 days later .

i read the reviews on here (10/29/09) 1 day after i placed the order and i though "shit , im screwed" , so i call them up on 10/30/09 and i ask if my ordered had been shipped , i was told it was shipped the prior day (10/29/09) , so i was put at ease . i got the package yesterday and everything was ok .

So you are 'fine with them', correct?

Forgive me if I have mis-construed what you said. I am basing this on you saying "everything was ok", and yes, I realize you may and probably were saying everything was ok with your order in this case.

Like most people I have a problem with dishonest stores and 'The Blade Shop' plus 'being ok' didn't jibe there with me, and that's my opinion. Good that you received your order and yes you were lucky. I have seen numerous complaints about them on other websites, i have no idea what's wrong with our country these days, seems like so many people and companies can get away with almost anything.

Last edited:
So you are 'fine with them', correct?

Forgive me if I have mis-construed what you said. I am basing this on you saying "everything was ok", and yes, I realize you may and probably were saying everything was ok with your order in this case.

Like most people I have a problem with dishonest stores and 'The Blade Shop' plus 'being ok' didn't jibe there with me, and that's my opinion. Good that you received your order and yes you were lucky. I have seen numerous complaints about them on other websites, i have no idea what's wrong with our country these days, seems like so many people and companies can get away with almost anything.

yes , i had a good experience with the blade shop , maybe im lucky . i ordered my knife and i received it 3 days later , everything went without a hitch .

60 days and still fighting to get a refund... After seeing their record on the better business bureau site I can't believe they are still operating! I submitted complaints to the BBB and FTC.

These complaints concerned :
4 regarding Advertising Issues

1 - Advertised price not honored
2 - Advertised product not available
1 - Bait & switch advertisement
15 regarding Billing or Collection Issues

2 - Failure to correct billing errors
2 - Improper collection practices
7 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
1 - Unauthorized bank debits
3 - Unauthorized credit card charges
9 regarding Customer Service Issues

4 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
4 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
1 - Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
52 regarding Delivery Issues

2 - Late delivery of products
1 - Late delivery of services
45 - Non-delivery of products
4 - None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue
3 regarding Product Issues

1 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
2 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue
77 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues

47 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
18 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
12 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
13 regarding Sales Practice Issues

1 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
2 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
1 - Sales presentation not consistent with advertisement
9 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

These complaints were closed as:
54 Resolved

47 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
7 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
5 Unresolved

5 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
110 No Response

110 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
4 Administratively Closed

The Blade Shop / Tactical Gun Armory is a criminal gang who should be hunted down by the FBI.

Back