The Bonecutter Files

What the Sgt sent is beautiful, but just isn't right for the task at hand. If he could replicate the BC, I will buy one for sure.

hopefully saturday i'll have some pretty light, and will start a new "Super-CAK" thread with photos and glorious chopping review to follow shortly, if i can chop same day, even sooner :)

bladite

Has there been any update on the direction of this model. Are they going in the direction of the original "Bonecutter" from GK of will HI take it in its own direction with the prototype from Sarge?

Has there been any update on the direction of this model. Are they going in the direction of the original "Bonecutter" from GK of will HI take it in its own direction with the prototype from Sarge?

not yet!

bladite

News from shop manager Rajesh

Dear Yangdu didi

Khadka dai Bone Cutter Knifes were ready (22”, 18”&16”)size 5pcs.

I can ship them tomorrow with other knifes.

Thank you,

Rajesh

News from shop manager Rajesh

Dear Yangdu didi

Khadka dai Bone Cutter Knifes were ready (22”, 18”&16”)size 5pcs.

I can ship them tomorrow with other knifes.

Thank you,

Rajesh

Yangdu,
I'll take 22" Khadka bone cutter,...would like white metal fittings.Thank you.
Marin

Good Morning to all, I am sold out the Bonecutter for now but Sgt. Khadka will
send more Knives in a month or so.
Enjoy the pictures!

4-15-08R%20003.jpg

4-15-08R%20012.jpg

4-15-08R%20030.jpg

4-15-08R%20035.jpg

4-15-08R%20040.jpg

4-15-08R%20057.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures Yangdu, and reminding us how important it is to protect our remaining wilderness areas!

once again, updated the list :)

if i was REALLY ambitious, i'd link every last forum post with an organized flow, for ease of finding, and pinning up :> maybe.

Bladite

Since this thread got revived again, I though I might ask a bonecutter question here:
What is the difference between a Khadka BC and the more recent Murali DOTD offerings, if any?

Also, what spine widths do yours have? I was surprised to see that the first Khadka BCs had only 3/8 spine even at 18" OAL. I would have expected more like 7/16 or even pushing 15/32 (as in my Sher CAK at 16.5" OAL).

Thanks,
Alex

Since this thread got revived again, I though I might ask a bonecutter question here:
What is the difference between a Khadka BC and the more recent Murali DOTD offerings, if any?

Also, what spine widths do yours have? I was surprised to see that the first Khadka BCs had only 3/8 spine even at 18" OAL. I would have expected more like 7/16 or even pushing 15/32 (as in my Sher CAK at 16.5" OAL).

Thanks,
Alex

as many differences as would exist between typical offerings from typical Kamis. they both have different handle treatments. fit and finish is stylistically different. compare a CAK from both... same but different.

i think mine are in that range for thickness. this isn't supposed to be a CAK. it's another kind of beast. thinner profile. more agil. faster. choppier...

repeat: it's not a CAK. it's not a GRS. it's not a BDC. it's a bonecutter :)

so far, i'm loving the 16 and 18 inch that i have. they both chop like much bigger khurkis, without actually BEING bigger. both of mine are also made by Sgt Khadka.

Bladite

Back