the Booshway

2011-01-22_15-42-52_214.jpg

Here is the final one for the week!

Damn that looks good. The quick draw sheath suits that wide blade perfectly!

I am really disliking the quick draw. The strap ends up stretching and the knife gets loose... I really don't want to build it but people keep asking :)

I never thought about the leather stretch, what kind of sheath do you like for the Booshway?

Either a straight drop in leather or a kydex. If the strap breakes on a quick draw, its basically useless. If the strap breaks on a straight draw it can still be used.

These models are basically interchangable... just tell me what you would like. I will warn you kydex is on order... :)

If it's not to much trouble I would like whatever kind of leather you would put on your own sheath? If you say a straight draw is what you like then that's good enough for me. I have learned years ago to just trust the makers.:thumbup:

I will do that... I have offically switched to kydex and any new ones for sale I will make leather but I recommend the straight draw. I have seen some of this after wear and tear in the field...:)

Damn, that's a lot of choppin' steel! As far as the quick-draw goes, I generally try to steer people away from retention straps of any kind, but quick-draw is actually a little easier for me. Have you tried using a wide flap (like two inches or more with a two-snap closure) instead of just a small strap? That would resist some of the stretching you've seen.

You are a genius! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm some how I have put my post in yours....oh well you are a genius ....and me ...well

Back