WINNER ANNOUNCED! The Box-O-Knives Giveaway #25!

JonMcD

Gold Member
The McD clan has unboxed, sorted, gawked, and finally made selections from the famous Box-O-Knives! In this house, a box full of knives brings lots of “sweet!” , “awesome”, “this one is dope!”, “can I have the huge one!”, type language. There was even a “There’s a Clemson Tiger knife in there dad!” from Joseph.

We made our selections and I worked to reduce weight for the future recipients (reduced about 4 lbs from the box). Should be a good bit cheaper postage to the next stop.

Here’s what arrived. 0CDCC52A-7B03-4D86-83A9-46902E48E22A.jpeg

Here’s what we chose.DAA60454-FAD1-4719-AC66-2E368B0A0F14.jpeg

Sam (8) picked the Condor chopper- predictable. Joseph (10) was all over the Clemson Tiger Peanut. Livie (7) loved the metal and wood knife. Marcie (10) picked the Remington trapper which surprised me. She said she loved the way the jigging feels. I picked the Buck stockman with hopes to try my hand at bleaching and dyeing bone. If I’m successful, I have a strawberry red Case trapper that needs to tone down the bright red. Mrs. McD chose the anchor knives and said she knew of a great home for the steak knives. Everyone is pumped.

Here is what I’m adding. 888486E4-48A4-4F27-91CF-30D8769CB851.jpeg
A Craftsman 9500 with its original box and stone. It’s unsharpened and in great shape.

A Craftsman 9575 Lockback

A 4 Dot Case 6235 1/2 Delrin

A late 90’s Winchester delrin medium stockman. I can’t remember when I got it. It has no tang stamps to identify it.

So, here is what is up for grabs for the next person.

later today I’ll add another post with rules and the up-to-date list of people that are still in the giveaway.

This was so much fun!

Chime in with an “I’m In” if you want to be added to the giveaway.

Attachments

• B1530EC4-A2EF-4869-8312-57112AE9FE96.jpeg
    B1530EC4-A2EF-4869-8312-57112AE9FE96.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok everyone, the GAW is pretty simple. If you win you take what you want and add what traditional knives then host your own giveaway for the next round and that winner will do the same.

I would refrain from taking one and adding five. It will be good to be mindful of shipping costs going forward.

I took out a good bit of weight, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue now. Because there are several "thrifty" knives in the bunch, I'd encourage finding some kids or non-knife people to include. It's fun to see a kid choose a "thrifty" Imperial and react like we would for a GEC.

I will run this till Wednesday evening to see if anyone else wants to jump in. Good luck!

Those currently on the list:

1. @frontiertom
2. CVamberbonehead CVamberbonehead
3. JTB_5 JTB_5
4. @Ernie1980
5. @JupiterPaladin
6. @Sleepereaper
7. @Nature Boy
8. @seas165
9. @cbach8tw
10. @PirateSeulb
11. @Henry Beige
12. @scattershot
13. @BladeCommander
14. chuck4570 chuck4570
15. @WhoseWoodsTheseAre
16. @GABaus
17. @tinfoil hat timmy
18. AZCoyote AZCoyote
19. @Jody744
20. @meako
21. @sbh06
22. @Gary W. Graley
23. @JoeGoblyn
24. @anthonycastorena2014

Last edited:
I almost kept the Condor chopper but I didn't need another big knife and I figured someone else would like it. Glad to see it found a home already.

We love it! We were out using it this morning to set up some posts for our bushcraft camp. I can remember my uncle buying me a Rambo survival knife when I was 7. I thought I was so cool. Sam is walking equally as tall today. Survival and bushcraft is his love language right now. It's a quality knife that I can use to train him on new knife skills. Thanks so much eisman eisman for adding it!

Last edited:
Thanks sir always good to see that this is still running
G2

Run it back! Great choices and additions. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

I too am glad to see those knives I added getting used. The steak knives were just a last minute thing to toss in because there was space in the box and they were just sitting on the microwave gathering dust. The Condor was one I got in a trade on BF and which I didn't have a need for, so it's good it's making someone happy. It's a good chopper and easy to sharpen.

There's some nice knives in this selection! That Winchester is a great addition. I'll add my name later (a couple months) as I put a few more aside.

Back