The box

What's in the box????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

brb, got to go sand some handles.....
2v2HRBpkdxurAoi.jpg

Perhaps you guys should change your name to "Fiddleback Oven" or maybe "Fiddleback Bakery, Blades and Biltong". Honestly, I need to stop by on the way to track rock and have a look see. You know, seeing as I live vicariously through you clowns. (Rodeo- of course)

This may not be as exciting to y'all as it is to me. Lol. Big step up to say the least.

This may not be as exciting to y'all as it is to me. Lol. Big step up to say the least.

Seems like with all the new steels that you are using that smaller batches would be used not a larger oven. However, I could definitely see the efficiency if you went to a large batches. Have you looked at gas purges for inert atmospheres? I was doing some internet research and was surprised at how little argon was required in terms of CFM.

BTW, What does the Paragon offer over the Evenheats other than size and the way the door opens?

Last edited:
Is it the controller that lets you guys cook better recipes? Just wondering why the switch to Paragon

Is it the controller that lets you guys cook better recipes? Just wondering why the switch to Paragon

Paragon's technology has jumped up a LOT! 1. There aren't coils anymore. They've been replaced with solid state heating elements that are embedded in some kind of refractory. This means no corrosion on the coils. 2. The door pivots up and the hot part faces away from you when its open, radiating the heat away rather than at your face. 3. This oven can heat up in a fraction of time it takes evenheats. I believe this is because of the non-coils mentioned above. 4. The oven also cools down in a fraction of the time it takes the evenheats. 5. This oven features 3 thermocouples rather than 1, making it more accurate.

Downside? Yes, it was twice the price.

Thanks for the answer, makes sense. While we're on the topic of ovens, what do you guys use as a tempering oven? I'm going to kluge together a PID controller and a toaster oven here shortly, mostly because I've now got the parts and want to see if I can make it work. If it does, I'll post pictures.

in the pic above

bottom row left = old temper oven..needs repairs to heating element
bottom row middle - old HT oven/new temper oven

Back