The Bush Hermit thread

Good Jerry...just buy mine will you :D

Quick shot...added a BC as well...not sure if it helps....Handyman and BH are different in many ways....

Hmmmmm, thanks Simon! Definitely provides food for thought. The size comparison helps. I really like that type of blade profile. I'd probably have to follow suit where someone recently removed that pointy guard on the bottom. Still processing and thinking ....

bump! got one coming. looks very much like Bob's in the original post; however, it has a trinity pinout, as well. as i've said previously, reeeally excited to try this one out. :thumbup:

i'll post back, once it arrives....

aaand, it's here!

D4aDbp9.jpg

XIof3Pv.jpg

po6dFkG.jpg

first impessions....
1) what a beautiful knife!
2) love the blade shape
3) ironically enough, the thing that i thought i was going to like about this knife...well, i'm not so sure any more. i am referring to the taller handle. it doesn't fit in my hand very well. go figure.

i will try to put it some use soon(ish) and report back.

EDIT: really dig the RLO sheath too. :thumbup:

I had the good fortune last week to get my favorite Bush Hermit in black micarta with Koa bolsters thanks to dsarps. I sent him a PM last November to congratulate him on an epic score when he sharked this knife. Of course I included a message to let him know that I would love to buy or trade for it if he ever decided to let it go. Sometimes those PM’s work out if you are patient enough...

Thank you Michael!! :)

Phil

That's a stellar combination Phil......you did it justice with nice pics as well. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing your good fortune. I'm placing these in my "eye candy" file ;)

Phil,

I"M JEALOUS!

What an absolute knockout combination. I would love a hiking buddy in this handle configuration.

Beautiful shot Peter! The sharp focus on the knife and softer focus on the tree palm flowers makes your CT Bush Hermit look like it is floating. Well done with the layout. :thumbsup:

Phil

That really is a gorgeous photo with the palm flowers. I'm beginning to develop a real appreciation for the BH (likely my next FF purchase) and for Camel Thorn. I'd only previously seen it on the rare CRK Mnandi. But I'll have some in my hands soon when my Camel Thorn HB from last Friday's sale arrives.

Thanks guys....I'm finding that the use of a prime lens makes a big difference in picture quality. It doesn't hurt to have awesome subject matter. Normally I'd wait till these palm flowers would drop off the trees & litter the ground to capture their natural beauty as a backdrop. This year our landscapers decided to take a proactive approach & cut the flower stalks off prematurely. I was fortunate to grab a quick photo before they hauled them off.

That really is a gorgeous photo with the palm flowers. I'm beginning to develop a real appreciation for the BH (likely my next FF purchase) and for Camel Thorn. I'd only previously seen it on the rare CRK Mnandi. But I'll have some in my hands soon when my Camel Thorn HB from last Friday's sale arrives.

I remember seeing that Hiking Buddy. Chances are you're going to love the subtle colors in the CT, along with the overall utility of the HB. I would highly recommend that you check out a Bush Hermit. It has quickly become one of my most favorite Fiddelback designs.

Finally brought these out for a hike but did not get the chance to use them I had too many knives with me that day. Lessen learned is to have only 1 knife on the belt!

34319703172_49dce12e5e_b.jpg

34094578100_4b04e5cf08_b.jpg

I wish we could get more of the crazy Oak on the back of that Scandi one. It was special!

I got to fondle one of these this past weekend. Fit and feel wise it was my favorite of the knives I held and it will probably be the next Fiddleback I buy depending on what blade thickness and handle choices become available.

Love the BH and below are some thoughts I put together about it. Check out the Fiddleback User Weekend thread for more on this knife and others.

FF Bush Hermit 1/8 - My all time favorite Fiddleback visually and to use. Everything about the BH is made for optimal performance. It is the Ford GT of the FF lineup. for my hands, the slightly taller profile of the BH over the Bushfinger gives the knife a wholly different feel and by going taller and not so much wider it provides for me added control and comfort, especially with use over a long period of time. the size is also perfect for heavier bushcrafting tasks and the fine tip of the blade is excellent for fine work and drilling, which requires optimal control. Where the BH really showed out was when we were making try sticks. I used all of the knives during this lesson and it felt more comfortable with more control over any other option. I could continue to go on and on about this knife, but if you are an outdoors person you absolutely need this knife.

Back