The Bush Hermit thread

My line up of the @Fiddleback Forge Bush Hermit. A great knife that feels superb in my grip!

jh9ttB6.jpg

What puts the Bush Hermit out in front of the Bushfinger?
The handle or the blade? Scandi or Convex?

I have been looking at the Bushfinger. But I have to admit, the Arete looks like it would earn its keep quite well.

But everywhere I look I see Bush Hermit, Bush Hermit, Bush Hermit!

Maybe I should just buy a Bush Hermit and drive it through my Ipad and live hapily ever after.

I have been looking at the Bushfinger. But I have to admit, the Arete looks like it would earn its keep quite well.

Maybe I should just buy a Bush Hermit and drive it through my Ipad and live hapily ever after.
You should LostViking LostViking give one a go. BUT don’t discount the BF or Arete. All great knives. :thumbsup:

I too was looking at the bushfinger, arete as well as the bushcrafter. Then started reading up on the bush hermit. Seemed to tick all the boxes. I like the blade shape and the handle is incredibly comfotable for me.

I wanna give a shout out to Scott/Fogdart for letting me have a chance to own this beautiful Osage BH.

32991140770_8036a14bc2_b.jpg

He did an excellent job to remove the small guard and run the Osage over a fire to bring out its grain. I cannot be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I want. The guard was the only detail stopping me. Without it you can bring the blade flat down on a cutting board. Excellent. Would you share some details as to your ordering process? I will likely bite early in the New Year. Thanks.

Back