THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

I do a lot of chopping choked way back on the handle for extra force. Anything with that lip on the end will kill your fingers like that, eventually. The bird beak pommels are great to grab onto like that, but they’ll wear your fingers out too.

Do you have experience chopping with both the fusion handle and the HR2 style handle? Does the HR2 handle style have a name? Is there one you prefer? I would think for "normal" camping/outdoor use it would take a lot of chopping for either to start getting uncomfortable. It seems like the fusion handle would make a better balanced knife, between Steel Heart and HR2, and it seems like there would be more confidence of the blade not slipping with the fusion handle. Again, I'm just going from pics, never having owned any...YET. My dilemma is that with my budget, I could get an HR2 with the blade/handle options that I want, $450ish, with a less desirable handle shape for me, or take what I can get with a used Steel Heart for around the same price. Maybe I am WAY overthinking this. That's why I'm looking to you folks with experience for advice. Thanks for all of your help and info guys, I appreciate it.

Do you have experience chopping with both the fusion handle and the HR2 style handle? Does the HR2 handle style have a name? Is there one you prefer? I would think for "normal" camping/outdoor use it would take a lot of chopping for either to start getting uncomfortable. It seems like the fusion handle would make a better balanced knife, between Steel Heart and HR2, and it seems like there would be more confidence of the blade not slipping with the fusion handle. Again, I'm just going from pics, never having owned any...YET. My dilemma is that with my budget, I could get an HR2 with the blade/handle options that I want, $450ish, with a less desirable handle shape for me, or take what I can get with a used Steel Heart for around the same price. Maybe I am WAY overthinking this. That's why I'm looking to you folks with experience for advice. Thanks for all of your help and info guys, I appreciate it.

Sorry, but I have no experience with either type of handle. I can tell you this though, I’d go with the Steel Heart over the Hell Razor to chop anything with just based on the blade.

Sorry, but I have no experience with either type of handle. I can tell you this though, I’d go with the Steel Heart over the Hell Razor to chop anything with just based on the blade.

Why is that? Aside from the spine shape, aren't they essentially the same blade? Apparently I don't even know enough to know that I don't know.

Why is that? Aside from the spine shape, aren't they essentially the same blade? Apparently I don't even know enough to know that I don't know.
The Hell Razor 2 with the SF (Special forces) handle & the Forsaken Steel Heart with the Nano Fusion Handles are very similar as far as the blade is concerned.
There are older Steel Hearts which are not "Forsaken" and I know those were made with a "Fusion" handle and maybe other's too.
My central point here is, There is a big difference between a Steel Heart and a Forsaken Steel Heart. In regards to blade shape.

If you need to see a crappy cell phone pic of a different angle of either the Nano Fusion (Forsaken steel heart) or the SF(Hell Razor 2) let me know. I've got a 1 megapixel ready to roll.

If you need to see a crappy cell phone pic of a different angle of either the Nano Fusion (Forsaken steel heart) or the SF(Hell Razor 2) let me know. I've got a 1 megapixel ready to roll.

Sure. I am always eager for more knowledge. Thanks

Hell Razor 2 green on bronze
And
Nano Fusion Badger attack on the bottom
That's tan on muddy brown.
20200923_144551.jpg 20200923_144512.jpg
20200923_144447.jpg
I muffed up the presentation of the pictures, but what's here should serve.
I like both handle styles but, the SF are more " hand filling".

Attachments

• 20200923_144447.jpg
    20200923_144447.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I prefer full flat grind for chopping. That smaller one looks great.

Thank you Mr. Fal'er. It looks like you may have experience with both styles of handles. Do you have a preference for comfort for more rugged tasks? I think by the time I make up my mind, the HR2 will be pout of production. I just need a Busse knife nut that lives close by.

"Mr. Fal'er", I looked around for my father Fal'er Sr. Call me Nate.
I'm not even gonna front like I've used these hard. 3 months ago I didn't even own a Busse or any kinknife. Between covid and all these damn fire's, I haven't been able to get out lately.
Two weeks ago, I was asking the same questions you are.
Nate

I'd recommend getting the HR2 now ish and then if it isn't the sun, moon and stars for you, sell it.
They hold their value well. You should at least be able to get your money back.

Answer to the riddle
Cobrajet=Rattler - as I recollect it was an A10 warthog

Lol.

cobrajet cobrajet this ain’t rocket science. Buy what you like the looks of. If you decide you don’t like it, sell it and buy the other.

These things are like lays chips. You can’t just have one.

The world O’ Bussekin is a bewildering journey for the newly addicted. I’ve been at this since 2013, and know enough to name all of the older models. Then one CS {Custom Shop} that I’ve never seen, will surface on the BF Exchange. Or eBay. Don’t forget to peruse there. If nothing else than for your knowledge acquisition.

The model I use most for chopping is the Swamp Rat Battle Rat. Nice long blade. And Resiprene handles. But there’s many others you could choose. A workable solution, if you can afford it, is a dedicated chopper, and a smaller camp knife. Good luck in your searching. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself consumed by the products from Waseon.

Since you're here now and considering, I'd recommend just getting the HR2 while it's available from the website. Barring someone having a firesale in need of quick cash, you're unlikely to get a better deal than getting it from Busse directly. Especially now when the wait times are nowhere near what they used to be. But that's just me.
I still think the nuked Forsaken SH is awesome... I just need a CS handle...

HR2 a great choice. I used to sport parachute. And you just have to make that first jump. The rest are easier.

No. It’s seeing who can hit the ground with the greatest terminal velocity...

Non-military parachuting. I was “in” but my leaping from aircraft was separate from that.

I'd recommend getting the HR2 now ish and then if it isn't the sun, moon and stars for you, sell it.
They hold their value well. You should at least be able to get your money back.

Answer to the riddle
Cobrajet=Rattler - as I recollect it was an A10 warthog

Cobra jet, as in Ford big block Mustang.

I have been keeping an eye on the exchange and eBay. There are no deals there, all premium prices. I will keep my eyes peeled for sure. Sounds like the only logical thing is to buy both. If anyone does get some good "camping" chores done with either one, please share your thoughts on comfort. Thank you all for the help.

Back