THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Yes, we’re all crazy. I think there’s a lot of love here for the HR2, though. And they can totally be beautiful. I don’t have one myself, I’ve got a couple in that size range that fit the bill ok. (Not that I don’t want one, too!)
FNWSHOj.jpg

That Battle Grade Fusion Steel Heart looks great, thick cut right? 5/16"??

Yeah, she’s a chunker! This very model was the one that made me realize how outrageously awesome Busse knives were. I was really tickled when one popped up in the exchange. (Note: no NFNO?:eek::eek::eek:)

SFNO is probably one of my favorite looking knives right now. I get others confused for it sometimes still, but the overall shape/look of that and knives like it really draw me in for some reason..

Back in 1988, I paid around $190 for a Chris Reeve Jerboam. My best friend thought I was crazy. I can flip that same, now used knife, for about $900.

I’ve since paid a higher price for various Bussekin. And could still recoup at least 90% of my original cost on all of them. Many I could sell for a decent profit. Enjoy a hobby. Purchase wisely. Wadda’ Deal.

Maybe it will change, but I can't picture selling any of them. At most just to chase a certain knife
I HATE selling them, I’d much rather trade. Life happens sometimes, though. I’ve bought, sold, and traded maybe 20 different Bussekin since I got into them. I miss quite a few of them, but I’m really happy with what I do have. When you sell one, it’s like you lost a child. When you trade one, though, it’s more like wife-swapping!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Just let me get this off my chest. I stumbled across this forum and followed a link to Busse Combat. I think no way I'd spend that kind of money for a knife. Then I see the Hell Razor 2 and became obsessed. Simply the most beautiful knife (can a knife be beautiful? ) I've ever seen. So I bought thinking I can sell it when I get the monkey off my back. I immediately wanted to chop and stab something (don't worry, I was safe, kindish). I want it with me every moment. Now I own 4 Busse and kin.

So my mental health question. Are y'all crazy not giving the HR2 more love?
It seems, after a few Busse years, that there are three Busse-kin designs that I cannot say “no” to: any-mandu, any-Team Gemini, and any Hellrazor.
Right now, I have 5 Hellrazors, but 9 Gemini variants. I can’t even count the ‘mandu variants right now though....

I decided to light up a Cuban Cohiba and think about it. Last time I smoked a Cuban Cohiba was about 30 years ago, and I thought: "Oh. That's why people like cigars." Tonight, it was: "Oh, I really notice the fillings in my teeth and I want to spit a lot."

Last edited:
So I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for, maybe one of you know better. Is there a thread that shows all of the different models? It would be nice if there was, to be able to search through and figure out what you like, and when it came out.

I got my brother the WS1020 for Christmas. He is wondering what edge angle is recommended.

Back