THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Fair enough. Until someone posted it earlier, It hadn't occurred to me that all these Busse were one time releases. I'm slow like that, But I make up for it by being really fat and generally not that good looking.

If I'm remembering it right, the ASH1 LE from 2007 was on the thin side. Then in 2008 the "Skinny ASH" was sold through the now defunct Busse Company Store. Both .220", I think.

But then there was another one in .220" for the Thanksgiving Ganzaaa 2014 - an ASH-1 with the Busse Industrial Grade Satin finish (when BIG Satin was a new thing).

So maybe they come around a little more often than I originally thought.

Probably a Euro Basic 4

You are right! It’s for sale in my country, at 400 used with “original canvas sheath”. I passed, but thank you for the help!

it is fun to see the mentions of B11 here. I bought one as my first Busse and I think it will be glorious when it arrives. I am hoping for a handle more comfortable than the Rat Mastiff. 3904AB43-BC7E-447E-80D9-F3031A23261E.jpeg

Any of you guys remember back to a time when $300 or $400 for a Busse, or really any knife was just an astronomical price to pay and never really saw yourself getting one?

Any of you guys remember back to a time when $300 or $400 for a Busse, or really any knife was just an astronomical price to pay and never really saw yourself getting one?
I sure do remember those days, like when the SHBM factory price was $297 (in my infinite wisdom, I waited until they went much higher on the secondary market before buying one :rolleyes:).

I also remember when you could buy a new FAL for a fairly reasonable price (obviously before the ban); I have no idea what an original FN FAL sells for these days.

Those were some great days, especially compared to our current political/social climate; in some ways society is much worse now.

Good question, those FN FAL's were never on my radar. I didn't even know I needed one until 2000/2001 well into the Clinton ban. I think I paid $750 for my 1st one, a Century Arms, on a Gear Logo Imbel rec. and of course it in typical CAI form it had a stripped out gas block, so it would blow the tube every round fired.

Like many things - you ease into it. My first Bussekin was a CS RMD. Paid $250 back in 2013. Now I buy Busse’s that cost three times as much, with the same nonchalance as purchasing a Hamburger.

Like many things - you ease into it. My first Bussekin was a CS RMD. Paid $250 back in 2013. Now I buy Busse’s that cost three times as much, with the same nonchalance as purchasing a Hamburger.
THAT there is the danger :confused:
If only my paycheck grew as easily and readily as my willingness to spend on Bussekin...

There’s ways to do it, of course. And we all spend our earnings in different ways. I live a pretty inexpensive lifestyle. No fancy restaurants. Have plenty of clothes. Driving the same Nissan Pickup I purchased new in 1990. Still in great shape. And I’ve always saved, and invested, wisely.

I wish I had more Bussekin than what’s in my current collection. But there’s always more coming down the pike. Good luck to you all.

Last edited:
There’s ways to do it, of course. And we all spend our earnings in different ways. I live a pretty inexpensive lifestyle. No fancy restaurants. Have plenty of clothes. Driving the same Nissan Pickup I purchased new in 1990. Still in great shape. And I’ve always saved, and invested, wisely.

I wish I had more Bussekin than the handful I possess. But there’s always more coming down the pike. Good luck to you all.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
of course my comment applies to me specifically! Everyone’s financial situation is a bit different. Unfortunately, I’m a man of “you’ve got too many hobbies” as told to me by both my mother and my wife... but that’s also what makes me who I am and also one of the reasons why they like me :D

but yeah, my hobby funds tend to shift... between photography, multiple sports, firearms (all were sadly lost in a tragic boating accident), knives, ... I’ve got a hobby fund that’s pretty stretched thin... And lately, it's been going almost exclusively to Bussekins.

Beat on this one a little today. Real surprised at how easily the Bronze came off and got down into the black. It's cool, I like that look.
20200826_185251.jpg

Last edited:
Good question, those FN FAL's were never on my radar. I didn't even know I needed one until 2000/2001 well into the Clinton ban. I think I paid $750 for my 1st one, a Century Arms, on a Gear Logo Imbel rec. and of course it in typical CAI form it had a stripped out gas block, so it would blow the tube every round fired.

I think that would be Bush's 1989 import ban, when the ATF decided things Clinton would later call "assault weapons" weren't importable because they weren't sporting. That's when we got all those butt-ugly thumbhole stocks on AKs, FALs, etc. Clinton's ban wasn't until 1994.

Funny thing -- before that, I had a Winchester '94 carbine and wasn't really interested in getting anything else (long gun-wise). But when they decided to start banning stuff, I started buying. Three ARs and two AKs to start. A few more since then. Even a couple FALs. (It's hard to believe you could get a Norinco AK for less than $250 back then!)

I also had a Buck 119, and didn't feel the need for anything else sheath-knife-wise. It was probably Y2K or something that got me looking at knives.

Last edited:
I think that would be Bush's 1989 import ban, when the ATF decided things Clinton would later call "assaults' weapons" weren't importable because they weren't sporting. That's when we got all those butt-ugly thumbhole stocks on AKs, FALs, etc. Clinton's ban wasn't until 199
Ah yes, the import ban, forgot about that one. Truth be told I can't keep them all strait anymore. I've got a good feel for NFA 34 and GCA 68 but the other's all run together.

This may come as a surprise to some of you, some calibers of ammunition are almost unobtanium right now, I was farting around last night and bumped into a thread on ARFcom about the ammo shortage. That got me looking for 5.56 and 9mm. Very hard to find.

Well. Damn. Hopefully all the good guys have it?

At my fleet farm there is still .22 magnum and .17 HMR.

I should have bought it all then try to find either an adapter to turn my 12 gauge into that caliber or a firearm in said caliber.

Easy enough.

I hope the good guys have it all....

My first Bussekin was a CS RMD. Paid $250 back in 2013. Now I buy Busse’s that cost three times as much, with the same nonchalance as purchasing a Hamburger.

Speaking of which, seems like well loved standard RMD is not available anymore from the busse page.

Last edited:
Back