THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

mj91i4a10ul11.jpg

That is a GREAT photo. Even if it isn't your dog.

I see the Swamp is coming out with the SawManDu next Wednesday evening. I wonder what the price will be???

I sure do remember those days, like when the SHBM factory price was $297 (in my infinite wisdom, I waited until they went much higher on the secondary market before buying one :rolleyes:).

I regret selling my FAL. I figured I get an HK to replace it, also regret not doing that.

I also remember when you could buy a new FAL for a fairly reasonable price (obviously before the ban); I have no idea what an original FN FAL sells for these days.

Those were some great days, especially compared to our current political/social climate; in some ways society is much worse now.

I regret selling my FAL. I figured I get an HK to replace it, also regret not doing that.
Most of us have regrets about either selling or not buying something, and it is probably often due to finances. There is a particular older Busse model (SHMS) that it seemed like every time one popped up for sale, I just did not have the funds at the time. I did eventually find the SHMS that I was looking for, but it took awhile (patience finally paid off).

By the way, when you quote a post, if you add your text last (after the second QUOTE word and closing bracket), then your text will appear separate from the quoted text.

I have a small list of Busse blades rotating in my mind. It’s like a slot machine. Everything has to line up perfectly. For example I recently had some extra funds for a knife. A Battlesaw was one of the blades on my want list for a long time. I just happened to check the forum one evening and a Battlesaw popped up. I was the first to claim it. All the cherries lined up and BINGO I was the winner! There are often times when all the lines just don’t line up. Either I don’t have the funds, or I’m too slow, or the knife I want just never pops up. But when you get lucky and score a jackpot it sure is a rush.

basic11.jpg
works even sweeter when you rotate the sharp part 180 deg :p

Haha, yes, someone already told me to try that! But I am no idiot, it actually chops like a beast this way. However, I try not to be arrogant and I will take your advice and go the other route the next time!

but with the sharp part up, he could split log and chop the batton at the same time, multi tasking knife :p:thumbsup:

Pretty much yes! They important thing is to cut wood into smaller pieces of wood

Do Busse or Busse' group of companies ever let any production numbers out?
I expect not, most don't. Was just curious.

My 7yo girl has been begging for a fire and it’s actually somewhat cool tonight so why not? :)

Grabbed the BGHR for some light splitting and to prep some hot dog/marshmallow roasting sticks.

6959-AD1-C-49-E7-4-A10-9108-D49-ACE5-F9-B0-B.jpg

Still 90+ here in Bama.

Travelling to Indiana next week, maybe I can do some chopping then for a campfire

So, regarding "Fusion Steel Hearts" ,old ones, What does HHFSH stand for and approx. how thick is that?
And then "HOGFSH" same questions.
I tried google and no dice.
Thank you in advance.

Back