The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh Boy, we might be able to get BIG HOG B8's!!!!

The Bossman just announced the return of the DC BIG finish option on the new "Pork" Ranger.:thumbsup:

Here's another post for the HOG B8.

Our PC crapped out on us so I'm using our ancient laptop. Supporting posts may be few and far between from me.:(

We got you back Tom....HOG B8's.....Busse Knives won't Let You Down like the PC did...:thumbsup:

Here's another post for the HOG B8.

Our PC crapped out on us so I'm using our ancient laptop. Supporting posts may be few and far between from me.:(

Have you tried jamming a B8 into one of the drive ports? It might not necessarily fix anything but you're guaranteed to feel better :D

Would that be considered a "Hard Boot"....:rolleyes:

More like a "hard B8". Or would that be a computer "slash" instead of crash?? My wife has come up with some new meanings for "USB port"; "you sorry XXXXXXX", "you son u' XXXXX", etc.:D

Wednesday on the Orford River, coastal British Columbia...
IMG_5445.JPG
Saw 16 griz on the mainland and on the way over (by boat from Vancouver Island) saw 10 humpback whales and dozens of these guys in the Strait of Georgia ...
IMG_5446.JPG
Steller sea lion, considered a "near-threatened" species. Bulls weigh 1,000-2,000+ lbs

Last edited:
A Case mini copperlock and a bottle of water. :D

We were accompanied by guides who are members of a Salish tribe on their reservation which lies along the BC coast--no firearms allowed. And I no longer take expensive knives across the border when I cross into Canada--have found it's just easier to take stuff that's expendable in case I run into an up-tight border guard who's looking for something to confiscate.

Now if I had been on a sanctioned hunting trip, you can bet I would have been much better armed.:D

Did have a big can of UDAP in my pack, but the guides preferred we let them handle protection--they stayed between us and the bears (front and back) and they all carried bear spray. I typically carry bear spray when hiking in bear country, and often a pistol as well, but from what I've seen I'd much rather have the bear spray against a grizzly. You don't have to be nearly as accurate, and the stopping power of even a 500 S&W on a grizzly is not something I'd want to stake my life on. A 375 H&H, maybe; a 458 Win Mag or better, sure--not a pistol. Just me.

WOW Will, just WOW!!!

Hope all are doing well, been a little busy with hunting season.

I got dinged for my DS today.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope the new Pork Ranger lays out some BIG piles of HOG BEight for us!!!;)

You're more than welcome. I enjoy posting pics like that even though I realize they're OT and not directly HOGB8 related. I get called out on it from time-to-time, but I figure if the pics create a little buzz and keep the thread count building, why not?

Back