The Busse Viking Warship Is Coming!!!!. . . . Sunday, December 20, 2020 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!

Sadly, I think I missed out. My outlook account seemed to be having problems when I tried to send the email and would never send and kept giving me an error. I tried through my gmail account, but that was about 4 minutes later. Oh well, here's to hoping we see it again in a future offering. Love these!

Aw bummer.... congrats to those who got in microseconds ahead of me! (Not kidding, look at my timestamp below...)

Happy holidays all!

nRT1gm5l.jpg

Last edited:
A desirable item. I sent emails promptly at the Time Bell. No dice. Will these become a production offering?

If it makes anyone feel better my email was time stamped 9:00:02 and I didn't get one. Funny thing is I waited 3 seconds past 9:00 to hit send, had I sent it right at 9:00 it may have gotten there at 8:59:59 and been disqualified :D

Congrat's to anyone who scored!

I did not get one, but I figured I wouldn't. Sent a few minutes after 9. Kept telling myself to not spend anymore money right now then decided...ehhh if it's still available, i'll get one.

Congrats to those that scored one!

Congrats to all of you who got selected! I sent my mail right at 9:00 and missed out. Fair play to those of you who won. Post tons of pics so we can live vicariously through you.

I got my email from Amy-0, and receipt at 9:00:03 was too late. Congrats to those who scored.

I can be content in the knowledge that I didn't buy another knife that I don't have any real use for and can't really afford right now.

In other words, no regrets.

I got my email from Amy-0, and receipt at 9:00:03 was too late. Congrats to those who scored.

I can be content in the knowledge that I didn't buy another knife that I don't have any real use for and can't really afford right now.

In other words, no regrets.

Aw bummer.... congrats to those who got in microseconds ahead of me! (Not kidding, look at my timestamp below...)

Happy holidays all!

nRT1gm5l.jpg

Wow.
Even 9:00:00 wasn't fast enough.
All gone in a fraction of a second.
That's fast even by Ganzaaa standards.

In thinking about it further the time stamp on the sent email is only the time your computer or server (depending on email type) was set to when you hit send. It is not the time it was received and stamped by the Busse server. A lot would depend on the number of hops your message took to get to them and how flooded with email their server was. Too variable to predict which is probably keeping more in the spirit of things.

I really hope that this baby will be in regular offer. It could match my CGFBM in antique bronze so nice...
Ganza is cool but quick as hell and for us-overseas HOGS it’s always little complicated to catch the time window.
Anyway- CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS!!!

In thinking about it further the time stamp on the sent email is only the time your computer or server (depending on email type) was set to when you hit send. It is not the time it was received and stamped by the Busse server. A lot would depend on the number of hops your message took to get to them and how flooded with email their server was. Too variable to predict which is probably keeping more in the spirit of things.

I was going by the time stamp for my email on Amy-0's response. In my case, Amy-0's response shows my email as: "Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2020 9:00:03 PM" I'm assuming that's the time Amy-0 received it (including bounces and hops), since there's no way I sent it later than 9:00:01 PM. I certainly wasn't fiddling around for three whole seconds.

I think the answer may be that there were only maybe only a half dozen of these for sale. And maybe whoever got there first bought multiples.

Or maybe I'm just wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

JohnTheTexican JohnTheTexican The outgoing time stamp is sent on your end because their server does not have authority to modify your email. You can test this if you are using outlook by sending an email at say 7:00 and configuring it to not be delivered until 9:00. As soon as you hit send your mail client or server time stamps it, then it sits in your outbox for 2 hours. When the recipient gets the email it will be time stamped at 7:00. Their In Box may show it as when it actually came in but the email header info as has been shown in screen captures here will be 7:00..

In your example if you sent the email at 9:00:01 it's not inconceivable that it took your PC just over a second to time stamp and process the email and show as 9:00:03. This time likely includes a quick virus scan depending on how your client is configured, most scan outbound email by default now.

I'll go one step further are say that people using web based email probably had a higher rate of success than those using local mail clients because those are sent directly from a server and are less dependent on local softwares.

Noooooo!!!! I missed out on my seaxy beast. Jerry... You gotta put these in production. I've been waiting for a seax for ever.

JohnTheTexican JohnTheTexican The outgoing time stamp is sent on your end because their server does not have authority to modify your email. You can test this if you are using outlook by sending an email at say 7:00 and configuring it to not be delivered until 9:00. As soon as you hit send your mail client or server time stamps it, then it sits in your outbox for 2 hours. When the recipient gets the email it will be time stamped at 7:00. Their In Box may show it as when it actually came in but the email header info as has been shown in screen captures here will be 7:00..

In your example if you sent the email at 9:00:01 it's not inconceivable that it took your PC just over a second to time stamp and process the email and show as 9:00:03. This time likely includes a quick virus scan depending on how your client is configured, most scan outbound email by default now.

It's not inconceivable. It depends on how my someone how running on their machine at the time and at what priority as well. Like for example. I'm that idiot that has 500-700 Internet tabs open because I never close them. But I also have a machine that is attempting to recover a failed hard drive. It's been trying for weeks. It's not going to happen. Anything that box does takes 5 minutes a click.

Also travel time to recipient mailbox as well. I'm not going to list times on when I normally send stuff to Busse and what time they receive it. But there is more than a 1 second delay there. I missed this time because I didn't send early. And there was a million others who beat me by a second.

I could list out a bunch of stupid certs and work experience. But I'm just going to assume you know what you're doing, and hope you'll grant me the same courtesy.

Edit: Read your next post about webmail vs. client mail. You are definitely a few steps ahead of most people.

Wow.
Even 9:00:00 wasn't fast enough.
All gone in a fraction of a second.
That's fast even by Ganzaaa standards.

Like I said in my last post, I'm not going to post exacts because I don't want to break rules or violate processes for the Ganza stuff. But there is a significant time gap from the point that I hit send until Busse gets my e-mail. Significant in IT time. So seconds instead of microseconds. One of the Ganza's I did score in, I sent when I thought it would be safe to send and was apparently first, if not first very early on? I think, based on talking to Amy. There was a difference in the timestamp between when she received it and when Garth received it. So unless you're sending Busse's own e-mail server to Busse's own e-mail server, you're not going to be able to know down to the exact second that it will arrive. Just a best guess.

Back