The Busse Viking Warship Is Coming!!!!. . . . Sunday, December 20, 2020 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!

I thought these shouldv been limited to 1 per customer considering the demand :mad::p, but oh well Im sure there will be some great offerings for 2021!

Happy New Years everyone too!
cheers:D

Anxiously waiting for a trade shipment to come in. The sheath has to be pretty special.

Kicking this back up. Now this Viking Warship has gone to the head of my needs list. Jerry please launch this Ship !!! The Seax has been one of my favorite blades in time and y'all posted the order/sale when I was 3-days out of surgery. So I missed everything. Please build and sale this SHIP. Ragnar will smile down on you.

Kicking this back up. Now this Viking Warship has gone to the head of my needs list. Jerry please launch this Ship !!! The Seax has been one of my favorite blades in time and y'all posted the order/sale when I was 3-days out of surgery. So I missed everything. Please build and sale this SHIP. Ragnar will smile down on you.

Surgery doesn't work as an excuse on this one. There were very few knives and a whole lot of would-be buyers, and even if you sent your email in within the first second, you still might have missed out. I know because I did and I did.

Has Busse ever made a Prototype - then not transferred that to a production model? Be patient - Viking Warriors.

IF these ever come out as a full run Busse offering I'm soooooooo In!!!!!!!!!! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably not many, though?

Just my opinion... take it for what it's worth (you paid nothing for it).

I've seen a few that never made it to that stage, at least not without some design changes at the very least.

Something like this knife would be considered niche, in the sense of it's a VERY non-traditional design in the Busse-verse. I would wager that these 'Prototypes' were a means of generating interest and gauging how popular they might have been if they were offered as a production run. I'd say there's likely going to be a production run of these, as they seemingly were well received. I certainly wouldn't bet that we will definitely see this, but I'd be surprised if it didn't become a 'thing'.

How are people liking it on the Fusion handle it came with (the prototypes)? I've been thinking that this blade would be great on a straighter grip. Something like the Battleshark or something.

I’m thinking that due to the fast snatch of the Prototypes, the Viking appeal, and the very unique design, it will be offered as a (limited?) production item.

I have more Bussekin than any sane man should own, and this one appeals to me because of its unusualness. Didn’t care for it initially, but it really grew on me.

I unsuccessfully tried for a Prototype. And as sure as Spring is coming, I will purchase one if offered. At a “reasonable” price, of course.

How are people liking it on the Fusion handle it came with (the prototypes)? I've been thinking that this blade would be great on a straighter grip. Something like the Battleshark or something.

I had a similar thought about this one, I would have been more excited to see something like Team Gemini, FMV8 or Kris P Bacon handle on this one. Something that's more of a fighting oriented design, I don't see the standard Fusion handle being particularly well suited to.

That said, the Fusion's are very popular with many people and this would certainly be more marketable based on this alone. I think this would be a great time for anybody to weigh in on what they thought might be a good tweak to the existing design before anything is finalized.

Also agree!!! Handle design, Coffin would also work as well just needing to be longer. The hilt of the FMV14 has my 100% vote no changes to it. Choke up or choke back. Cut or power thru chop. Look at Seax's excavated and many have long hilts.

Absolutely. I'm ok with the Fusion handles, but if this were a slightly longer Coffin handle (like Trough Raider or Battle Shark handles but slightly longer), it would be KILLING it.

I took a chance and sent one of my Warships to Michael Spanjers, North St. Paul MN, for some serious viking leather! I think they're going to turn out great! Interchangeable, one for each side/hip, and another option to wear them crossed over one another at the lower back. One is themed for Thor, the other for Tyr (with his hand in the jaws of Fenris). These are WIP photos, featuring just the copper finished blade.

206179776_119673323676069_329232687955852493_n.jpg208105542_119673333676068_1108042288006916656_n.jpg206616884_119673340342734_3120519944609270079_n.jpg

Back