The Buzzard's Perch

leatherman

leathermoderator
Quite a few years back a good friend of mine labeled me LeatherBuzzard. Well, it stuck in certain avenues, and heck I like it!! :D :D :D

Thank you Stabber! :p

As such, this is the place to fuss, discuss, not cuss. but talk about whats on your mind.

My fuss, I haven't found a place to hunt in over three years!!! Where did they go!?

I want venison in the freezer! And a pig wouldn't hurt either!

Is this a common problem elsewhere these days?

also, what do you pack? And what do you carry it in? Leather? Nylon? Kydex?

Lets discuss!

ok, just got back from a tasting frenzy and have a couple of favorites to share.

First, Pura Vida Tequila, simply the best I have tasted so far. To top it off its spokesman is Billy Gibbons!!!!!!

Second, I tried some whiskey, Evan Williams Small Batch, holy crap!! for 20.00 you get a 1.75 liter bottle of goodness! I'd put it against top shelf. Costco liquors is my favorite pusher of liquid happiness. :)

As always Jameson is tops amongst Irish whiskey. Tasted some 12 year old, mmmmmm good.

try tullamore dew -- I like it better than jameson.
will look for the other 2.

as to hunting -- I cheat, living out in the boonies like I do, there is no need to hike in, just wander out back or drive to the other side of the property. (or the neighbor's 140ac)

I hunt hereabouts on public land and power lines and such with my bow and shotgun.
The seasons are crazy any more i can hunt almost every day from september to february.
Is this happening elsewhere or just here in new jersey?

jody

same here between archery, black powder, & smokeless seasons.

Going to have to try that Tulamore, sounds good! :)

There used to be a lot of places to hunt here, but they are either foreclosed or simply closed. The pigs are running rampant around here as well.

Watched "Sons Of Guns" yesterday and I've got to say that I am impressed! An over protective father with a level head, I love it!!! That is a good man.

I hope I can be as civil with my daughters suitor! I really really hope. ;)

Watched "Sons Of Guns" yesterday and I've got to say that I am impressed! An over protective father with a level head, I love it!!! That is a good man.

I hope I can be as civil with my daughters suitor! I really really hope. ;)

I watched the same episode! He is definitely a stand up guy...and so is the young man who wants to date his daughter. I only wish I had the $$ to get a few guns built by those fella's. They do some impressive stuff!

Give Redbreast a try for Irish Wiskey. I was introduced to it last weekend at an Irish pub. Smooth. :)

No hunting for me in the last few years. Just haven't taken the time.

I watched the same episode! He is definitely a stand up guy...and so is the young man who wants to date his daughter. I only wish I had the $$ to get a few guns built by those fella's. They do some impressive stuff!
I have been endlessly amazed at what they put out, and the utmost respect that the workers give the boss. I have never heard "yes sir" so often in one show, ever. Impressive.

Give Redbreast a try for Irish Wiskey. I was introduced to it last weekend at an Irish pub. Smooth. :)

No hunting for me in the last few years. Just haven't taken the time.

Redbrest! Gotta give it a try. I enjoy most everything I drink neat or on the rocks, very rarely mixed so flavor means a lot. :) Though I did find gin and tonic are good together. Odd as tonic is awful by itself. :p

Time is a thing I dont have much of either, especially right now, the Christmas orders are like no year before, its great! I give it to the fact I am working with a custom knife maker now, he is a great person to work with and I had been trying very hard this past year to diversify. All my chickens in one house was getting uncomfortable in this economic climate.

My brother likes redbreast -- i was not impressed.
OTOH, I like Islay single malts (among others) - and he can't stand Scotch Whiskey, so no accounting for taste. eh?

Agh, not the iodine Islays :D

Give me a neat Highland or Speyside. Thank ye.

∞

Was at the candy store, er liquor store :p today and found a bottle of Tulamore Dew in a nifty little crock of sorts! I have a pic of it on my phone, well as soon as I can get smart enough to get it off there and on here I'll post it. Ok, well it might be a while. :eek:

Iodine, y'know, I hadn't thought of that before but some of the cheaper Scotch's I have tried had a definite "whang" to em.

ooh! Two more to look up! Thank you! :D

For those who visit here, especially early in the game, through inspiration of begreens sales thread of the puppies, I will be offering a half dozen sheaths at half price on the Busse forum, dont know when, but soon after Christmas I suppose. I want to do something special for you guys and cant think of a better way to give a heads up. :)

cool.
any chance one of them might fit a MUK LE?
no particular reason... :D

and of course if you and the wife ever find yourselves in the neighborhood, it's just possible I could arrange a Scotch tasting...

I've only ever bagged one deer, and although the venison was amazing, I don't think I want to kill another unless it was a survival situation. Wild hogs on the other hand, that looks like something I won't have a problem hunting over and over. I have heard from my buddy though (the one I went deer hunting with), that he doesn't like hog meat at all and that it is very lean for pork, almost too tough. Do you need to do anything different to it? he also said it gets extremely gamey if the fat gets cooked with it. What do you guys do?

Back