The Case Barlow is BACK

I had a 70s redbone that I have to my son when I went visit him at camp jejeune because he liked it so we'll. He used it and abused it.

Considering the patriotic kirinite.
Any comments.

FullSizeRender.jpg

My sawcut barlow arrived this evening. I'ts been hit or miss with the new Case barlows for me. But very happy with this one. The pull is light like all the barlows in these runs. The fit and finish is great, no gaps, well centered blades, no blade wobble. Grab em while you can.

My Brown Sawcut CV Barlow arrived an hour ago. The F & F and centering are great. As for the handles. the colouring is nice but the sawcuts are barely visible - and pretty much invisible on the pile side. There is no grip effectively. Also, there's a "gouge" on the top edge of the pile side. It kinda has a neat character.

Would it be wrong to carry it to the Rendezvous?

y8l9rJQ.jpg

y2cRDD7.jpg

hw3KZap.jpg

Brian

Seems it is the luck of the draw with these saw cut Barlows. I have two,both very different from each other. That's ok but I could take a scale from one and swap it out to the other and have a perfect knife in looks. There are probably quite a few people working on these knives, any case knife, that not one of them is going to be like what comes from another's hand. I just hope they have a good training program for the new people and use good quality control measures. But from what I have seen, some of these scales in the pictures should have been scraped in file 13.

My Brown Sawcut CV Barlow arrived an hour ago. The F & F and centering are great. As for the handles. the colouring is nice but the sawcuts are barely visible - and pretty much invisible on the pile side. There is no grip effectively. Also, there's a "gouge" on the top edge of the pile side. It kinda has a neat character.

y8l9rJQ.jpg

y2cRDD7.jpg

hw3KZap.jpg

Brian
Looks like somebody got a little heavy handed on the buffer all the way around.

Hope to pick up a saw cut this weekend they look great!! Grabbed a prime stag two weeks ago pretty happy with it great stag pretty good snap well centered overall fit and finish is pretty good.

y8l9rJQ.jpg

y2cRDD7.jpg

hw3KZap.jpg

Brian
The pile side on that one looks great, looks like actual circular saw marks, and has a nice pocket worn look.

Looking to pick up one of these case barlows. Does anyone know if they will be producing more single blade clip point options? So far just seeing the aqua blue bone.

Well my replacement arrived and I can’t stop smiling !!
Blades centered/no blade rub , nice walk and talk .
Love the scales and Carmel color .
Pile and show side match really well a long with the crosscuts .
DLT came threw for me again !!
h6XAKI6.jpg

3E29NzN.jpg

sht6iVS.jpg

h6XAKI6.jpg

3E29NzN.jpg

sht6iVS.jpg
That is a "CRACKER". Well done.:thumbsup:

h6XAKI6.jpg

3E29NzN.jpg

sht6iVS.jpg
Very nice. I doubt that you could have got a better one.

Back