The Case Barlow is BACK

ZzwOrDK.jpg

Still enjoying mine what a great Barlow and really like the CV :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm a year late, but if anyone knows where to still get this Sawcut Brown CV model I'd appreciate it. Appears to be sold out everywhere.

Looks like I'm a year late, but if anyone knows where to still get this Sawcut Brown CV model I'd appreciate it. Appears to be sold out everywhere.
I looked months ago and couldn't find one so I bought a yellow CV instead. Doesn't help if your heart's set on the bone, but if a cv barlow is the main objective, then yellow may be an option if they're still available.

I see today a smooth white bone barlow being released. I guess Case has found it is better to put money in the vault rather than putting the barlow back in the vault. :)

,,,Mike in Canada

Man, it’s a looker too. I sure wish they would have done the barlow in CV steel though.

My saw cut bone is CV, but my other Case Barlows from the new run are SS.

After not opening this thread for a year I now regret everything. Let the hunt for one of these begin...

I’ve been trying to make a dedicated fishing knife. A good old case barlow would be perfect.
It would be a great choice it’s such a wonderful knife !

Yea, I had a nice Case sawcut barlow in CV steel but I passed it along here on the forum during a giveaway. I was meaning the smooth natural bone though. It would be awesome to have a smooth, natural bone CV barlow.

lQ3196H.jpg

I can't disagree with you on that!! I wish I had a sawcut CV barlow like that, but mine is yellow delrin. Still a cool knife in my opinion though :)

I don't see why Case has to use this pattern as a "vault" edition. Since the Barlow knife has been featured in literature and songs it would make sense to keep it as a regularly available item. The two I have are great, but are in Truesharp. That steel works fine.

Case really did well with these barlows. Most of them are very well built knives. I got a sawcut in CV and hopefully can get a yella one as well.

This guy did a rope a test and his results showed the tru sharp held up about 87% as well as the CV. Another one I saw but cant find right now had the ss slightly better in edge retention. So it doesn't seem like you're losing much if anything with the ss, unless you like the patina. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back