The Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get better Jade! Little dude had oral surgery last year, pretty crazy. He was funny coming out of anesthesia though!

Had a good day today, first place in Division.

20161203_164225_zpsmzzrmqit.jpg

Make it great!

-X

Yo!
I've had a good weekend. I have the new little boy by myself for several days. Since he sleeps like 22 hours a day, I set him up on the monitor and have had plenty of time in the shop. Finishing up several projects that have sat idle.
Hope you guys are all well!

Congrats , X !
Oral surgery is nooooo fun....but the pain med's are!:D Get well, little Jade.
Tony, You have a kid?! I must have missed that post. Congratulations!

What was she getting cut for? tonsils or adnoids/? We are close to taking our boy in, but hope things work out as they grow.... He's had stictches once and it was a damn nightmare for him and me...

I've had a fun year again too... Only 3 procedures and one biopsy. Tomorrow I get my heart tested as I have some liquid building up on the right side of my heart "wall"... yippy. Almost had a blood transfusion due to blood issues, get to see a hematologist for that later this month. Health and age.. THE JOY!

What's hot for 7yr old boys this xmas? GUNS. lol

What up on the grinder D? Anything different coming up?

I need my sleep, I need 8 hours a day and 10 at night. :D - Bill Hicks

Xander congrats, that is some good shooting!

Very cool Tony, those latest scales are incredible!

What's up Kevin!!! :D

Hi Sloth! Dang dude I hope you feel better soon, that's rough! Jade went in for lots of caps and 3 root canals... unexpected as she has been doing well with dental but after several opinions we decided to get it done... was really scary on our end but she is doing great now!

Guns, lol! If 4-7 year old buys were armed we'd all be toast...

Lots on the grinder, mostly folders right now... I've been getting really excited about doing some more intricate pieces so look out for more time into my knives and higher end materials. I really don't have plans for anything else so I hope you guys like it!

Congrats , X !
Oral surgery is nooooo fun....but the pain med's are!:D Get well, little Jade.
Tony, You have a kid?! I must have missed that post. Congratulations!

Yep. Little boy will be a month d this week. We are fostering, hoping to adopt. Sweet little guy, but like they say... if you remembered the sleepless nights you'd never have another! This is what life's about, though.

Hey all,
Not much happening here. I get to take my daughter to Disney on Ice.

Can't decide if I am excited about that or not....

What's up,DFK fans!!
Hi Wayne!!!! I hope you are doing well! Are you still running a waterjet? Good to see you here!!!

'Appy Saturday, DFerz!
Daniel!! Is your shop toasty??

Hi Rolf! Look out for a tanto soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished yours up and it is looking good!

The shop is pretty good, I keep it at 45 or so but it warms up really fast when I crank on a second space heater. My grinding room stays at about freezing (ice in my bucket) but easy to transfer heat over from the main room.. I grind with the door open and vent fan on as Ti fumes are way worse than any cold! Freaking cold here though, single digits at night. I like it over hot weather though....

You chopping any wood? I finally got some trees taken out, it was getting overcrowded here... cut about 50 big pines down and you can't even tell! Some of that will be firewood for next year.

Hey all,
Not much happening here. I get to take my daughter to Disney on Ice.

Can't decide if I am excited about that or not....

Hi Tony! It's always fun looking back at that stuff and sometimes fun to go! lol

We got a tree yesterday and Jade got to pick it out... it was awesome!

I'm getting a bit caught up here and working hard on the folders every day... went to the Dr yesterday for my back and stomach pain/checkup (first one in 15 years!) and things should be going better there soon too. Dr said pain meds for my back or go to chiropractor as it is not his specialty... no to any meds here so working more on back alignment, etc next with a trip to the chiropractor. lol I might have Giardia with my stomach, apparently it is really common in my area so taking gnarly meds for that... zero alcohol for 10 days with the meds which is not a bad thing.

look out for more pics today, it should be a big day in the shop!

sup vatos.
Tony, much respect to you and your wife for adopting!
Daniel, take care of yourself!

Hi Daniel! I can't wait for the Ti tanto. Thank you!
Stay cozy. The Polar Vortex, aka Winter, is here!

Ok... so I survived the Disney ice skating thing. Just kidding, I had fun one on one with my daughter for an afternoon.

The best part was when 'Mater the Tow Truck from "Cars" actually broke down on the ice. They had to stop the show to push the tow truck off the ice! How ironic is that?!? :yawn:

Hey guys!!!

Just back from Dr's appointment #2... went good! I have stitches right where my respirator seals on my forehead so that sucks! It just dawned on me too.. I had an annoying cyst removed so that part is really cool! lmao I almost passed out even though nothing hurt, I probably cut myself worse in the shop all the time! :D

It's mail day here! look out knife aficionados!

Thanks for all the kind words on the folders too, I have been enjoying them quite a lot lately.

Great news, Daniel!
Hi Gang! You all be especially nice, now. You all know why. SCICTT! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back