The chief likes to work.

Thanks to the OP, I have now developed the itch to buy one of these. I think he should have to donate $$ to help fund my purchase since he put me on this road lol

Mine got some work done today. Had to cut some PEX so I could add a 90

s3KRMXx.jpg

Good lord! Did you chew through that drywall? Gotta get yourself a 2' level and Utility knife.

Nah I went through it with a 2" drill bit because I know electric cuts across to that portion of the wall as well. Cleaned it up with a drywall saw and squared it off since we will be leaving it open as it sits behind some solid back cages.

Pulled her out of my pocket for a quick pic last night.

iq3peEa.jpg

Also decided it was time to add a friend

xKiiA1P.jpg

It's SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than I am used to carrying. That and the clip placement is honestly disappointing, the first bad design thing I can remember saying about a CRK. I knew this was a potential problem going in, but I wanted to give it a fair shake before casting official judgement. Thinking I'm going to have to snag a Millet to tone down the hot spot it creates. I might just grab a TI clip for it, haven't decided between the two yet. I also wanted to try one without the ceramic ball groove in the blade, funny part is, even on a relatively new knife the ball is aggressively wearing a mark into the blade anyways.

Needless to say between the Large and the Small I plan to have some fun with these two in customizing them. I'll be ordering a custom graphic Small at some point this year, but I'm waiting on CRK to get back to me with a .psd so I can design the handle.

It's SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than I am used to carrying. That and the clip placement is honestly disappointing, the first bad design thing I can remember saying about a CRK. I knew this was a potential problem going in, but I wanted to give it a fair shake before casting official judgement. Thinking I'm going to have to snag a Millet to tone down the hot spot it creates. I might just grab a TI clip for it, haven't decided between the two yet. I also wanted to try one without the ceramic ball groove in the blade, funny part is, even on a relatively new knife the ball is aggressively wearing a mark into the blade anyways.

Needless to say between the Large and the Small I plan to have some fun with these two in customizing them. I'll be ordering a custom graphic Small at some point this year, but I'm waiting on CRK to get back to me with a .psd so I can design the handle.
When they do can you forward it to me so I can play too.

I've been using the hell out of this thing. Haven't had much of a Chance to take pictures. But this thing has been used for literally everything. Food prep at work and home, box destroying, lots of vacuum hose again and some scraping.

Tonight.my buddy needed help getting ready to sell his house and we were hanging trim and doing some other various woodwork in the house. He was using a razor knife and I only had my inkosi. Sailed through everything. Shaving the wood trim to accommodate some hinges. Prying old trim off, opening boxes etc...

Here's the only quick pic I snapped.

It's developing a nice weathered look

Haven't been around here in awhile. Figured I would check in.

Still working harder than ever!!!!!

Still going strong. Using it for everything. We have had nice weather lately so it's been getting hammered on outside with fire prep, making spears and "sharpening" as they would say, sticks for them.

Have it a good cleaning today.

I've been really slacking in the picture dept lately. But managed to snap this one tonight.

Why carry a knife if you aren't going to put it to work..

Despite being brand new, I look forward to pushing the Inkosi's limits!

Kka0S2xh.jpg

Reactions: HWF
Great thread. I always like to see threads about how knives are actually used in the real world.

I've been thinking about a large Inkosi at some point in my future. One thing I'm wondering is, does its pocket clip placement cause increased wear on a pants pocket? Because my small Inkosi's clip does that a bit. I know if it had the old clip placement like on the 21 models, it wouldn't have that problem (for me).

Jim

Back