The city slicker pocket knife vs the country boy's knife.

Really hated emptying my pockets every single time I entered the federal courthouse. Had to take off belt and shoes too!
They wand me at the hockey game, but I can still get into the AA baseball park without getting searched or walking through a metal detector. MLB I think has them, though.

Metal detectors and bag/purse searches, at least at the MLB parks I've been to. My artifical knee always gets me into the special line after going through the metal detector but they usally wave me off without wanding when I display the "metal knee medical card".

Really hated emptying my pockets every single time I entered the federal courthouse. Had to take off belt and shoes too!
They wand me at the hockey game, but I can still get into the AA baseball park without getting searched or walking through a metal detector. MLB I think has them, though.

I worked for the county courthouse as a mechanic. I always had multiple knives including fixed blades on my belt. I never went through the metal detector unless I was tryin’ to show the sheriff’s dept they’re not perfect.

My favorite story was when I got called for jury duty and for a week I was the only person on jury with multiple knives in my pockets.

Than again I had keys to all the doors plus security clearance with my badge so I just let myself in everyday and walked around the metal detector.

Everyone else had to walk through and it did cause a bit of a stir. Some people had to know why I didn’t have to get wanded or walk through the detector.

I flew to Alaska to see my sister and priority mailed my knife to her place. Mailed it back on my return. It had a 4" blade. Family thought I was a little weird for doing that but a knife-nut's gotta do what a knife-nut's gotta do ;)

It's sad that security is so tight everywhere.
It started with 9/11, and the mass shootings have definitely compounded the problem.

I flew to Alaska to see my sister and priority mailed my knife to her place. Mailed it back on my return. It had a 4" blade. Family thought I was a little weird for doing that but a knife-nut's gotta do what a knife-nut's gotta do ;)

It's sad that security is so tight everywhere.
It started with 9/11, and the mass shootings have definitely compounded the problem.
I fly back and forth to Florida several times a year and that's my system also. The hardest part is deciding what to take.

The stories in this thread about the increasing numbers of settings in which pocket knives are not allowed got me thinking about banks. I haven't had a problem with banks so far (except signs on bank doors requiring that customers remove sunglasses and hats while in the building, for security camera reasons, I presume). Does anyone use a bank that has a metal detector? Could I put my favorite knives in a bank safety deposit box?

- GT

Back