The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

Several years ago when I was a younger lad I was extremely into coin collecting. My uncle traveled the world for his business and as such he would contribute coins to my collection from all sorts of countries. I've done lots of hunting on my own as well slowly acquiring interesting and some very old pieces. I also have coins handed down to me by my grandparents that are both beautiful and give insight to my heritage. While I am not constantly trying to expand my coin collection, if I see something special I won't hesitate on trying to snatch it up as long as it is within my means. As it stands my coin collection is comprised of over 500 pieces. There is a nostalgia and feeling that comes with coins and it is that feeling I believe that closely coincides with collecting and using traditional knives. It's a bit too late in the evening for me to take any good shots, but I'll start with a photo I've taken already.

I'll try to post a coin a day, but when I move out for college my schedule may not be as predictable and may not be able to post as frequently. I'll start with this:

1900s O Morgan Dollar (one of my best pieces)
20140601_142203_zps0cf42540.jpg

Please feel free to post any coin of any kind and any age--with or without knife. Stamps, paper currency, and things of that nature can be posted too! I for one am interested to see coins that belong to someone other than me.

- Julian

Last edited:
Last edited:

My Case stockman and an old Marbles USA knife, with an old Indian-head penny from 1895. Saw it in the cash register at work a year or two ago and swapped it out with a more current penny from my pocket.

I only have a few coins, but LOTS of stamps and covers. :D I thought quill knives were appropriate.
The ivory is C 1830 the pearl much later, the stamps were printed in 1860. Sorry for the pics,
I've dropped my camera one too many times:(

Best regards

Robin

Thanks Primble, I haven't collected stamps for years but dig them out once in a while, consider selling the collection for knives, then consider buying more stamps. Then I put them away for another year or two :D

Best regards

Robin

I might have some German coins, but I was too lazy to hunt them down. Here are some Sverige (Sweden) ores (one from 1920, the other from the 80s) and some older cuban currency. These were given to me by a friend a long time ago and are among some of my more interesting pieces.....at this rate I'm going to take pictures of all my "cool" pieces first. Need to alternate time periods and countries haha.

IMG_2394_zpsa41451f0.jpg

I only have a few coins, but LOTS of stamps and covers. :D I thought quill knives were appropriate.
The ivory is C 1830 the pearl much later, the stamps were printed in 1860. Sorry for the pics,
I've dropped my camera one too many times:(

Best regards

Robin
Nice stamps! Feel free to post pictures of stamps, paper currency, and other things of that nature guys!

Thanks Noobie
Here's an old rodgers with a blade mark of Government of Canada, Sort of appropriate for the stamps which are period
forgeries of the 1850 Newfoundland pence issues which if real are worth some serious money, even back in the time of issue.
Newfoundland didn't join Canada until almost 100 years after these stamps were printed.

Regards

Robin

Back